Belated approval for YOYO

yoyo

Registered Users (C)
After dialing the phone # for 30 minutes and being held on the phone for 25 minutes, finally I was able to talk to an IIO this afternoon. She told me that our cases have been approved yesterday 6/04/01, though the AVM still has not been updated.

Case details are:

EB1, China, PD 11/98, ND 10/7/99, FP 3/21/01. REFs were sent to us on 4/24/01. There are employment letter and last two-month’s earning statement plus medical redo for the whole family. Replied REF on 5/18 and it was received by INS on 5/23.

It was an extremely long and arduous immigration road for us. I have been in this country for 8 and half years already. First 4 years was on F-1, then was practical training, and then was H1b. I have survived two downsizings since I joined the company, and currently I am surviving the latest one.

We are very frustrated by VSC. VSC’s practice is very irrational. While they are processing the cases as late as July 2000, they still keep some old 99 cases untouched. What they are doing make me feel that they are drawing the lottery. During the drawing, some people get lucky and get approved within one year after filing 1-485, while others do not get lucky and get trapped during the process. For instance, we have been on this crazy 1-485 process for 20 months before we finally can get free. It was 9 months difference from the July 2000 case. It was certainly a joyful feeling for people who can get approved earlier, but it also can cause a lot of anxiety for people who do not get lucky.
I just do not see any fairness in such process, especially that process occurs in a country that claims it has the most equality of opportunities.

Anyway we are glad that we finally get free. I just wish that all earlier case guys can get their freedom soon.

No Title

Congrats Yoyo. Enjoy the freedom.

Yes, with JOb Market moving southwards and lays off all around. Getting a GC is a big reilef to mind.

No Title

Congratulations to you
I know where you are coming from . Its been almost 20 months for me too, RD Oct 99
Nothing yet ...

No Title

I\'m happy for you! Mine is also a 1999 case (EB1 & China) and we just got approved on Monday. You experienced more trouble than I did. I still remember the bitter feeling when I read your message about the unfair and expensive medical redo. Comparing with yours I felt lucky. It\'s all relative you know. I guess that we are still lucky bunch comparing with those whose applications got rejected. Recently I read a lot about the life of immigrants in early generations, back in 1800 and 1900. The society is a lot better and civilized now, although there are lots of problems.

Painful or less painful, we all overcome it now. It\'s good to see people coming off the hook. Enjoy your life.

No Title

why medical "re-do" for the family...I thought it does not expire once you filed it. Can someone shed any light on this...

No Title

Congratulation Yo Yo on the final freedom that you deserve for a long time. Just learned an interesting fact from a GAO report, only about 5-6 officers routinely working on I-485 at Vermont service center for the fiscal year of 2000. They increase the adjudication resource this year, though; I bet no more than 10 currently. So if there is only one slow officer, the chance of a case being delayed is over 10%. It apparently appears to me that your files fell into one of the slow hands.

No Title

Walker,

“Hanging in there, your time will come.” I know those words are easier to say than do. I also know the pain, anxiety, and frustration people are suffering.

You may want to take some time off work and call an IIO to find out your status, because the AVM does not seem to be updated for more than a week. Calling IIO is also a big task. The line is hard to get through.

Good luck!

No Title

Thanks Shef. Congratulations on your approval. I agree with you on your comment. The words lucky and unlucky are relatively depend on what one compares with. We are still lucky if we compare to those who are still waiting with earlier ND or those who did not make it.

Although it has been such a long, painful, and arduous process, we did not regret what we did. I believe it is the same for many other people. This country has already made a huge progress on treating minority immigrants like us, if we compare where it was a century ago. Because this country claims and seems to have the best democracy and equality of opportunity system in the world, we have high expectation. I think we just need to work harder to eliminate inequality even further and make this country even better, and make our expectation more fulfillable, so that more people can enjoy their lives.

No Title

Thanks seethelight2001. Thanks for your support at our difficult time. I am happy that we can finally put this mess behind us and start our new lives.

No Title

485vsc32000,

You are right. The medical record won\'t expire once you file 1-485. If you want to know the reason for medical redo on us, look up "medical redo", you will find detailed posts at about 4 weeks ago.

No Title

Please post your message as soon as you receive the courtesy letter.

My message keeps saying "0 days" for the last 10-12 days.
Last time I talked to IIO (May 24, \'01), she said I
should receive a message in two weeks.

I hope mine is approved as well. Anyway, post your courtesy copy
and stamping experience.

Cheers.