Being late for interview

waqarali

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm scheduled to appear for my naturalization interview at a time that conflicts with my prayer time and I may arrive 15-20 minutes late. I do not want to re-schedule because of the horror stories posted on this forum. What do you suggest?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm scheduled to appear for my naturalization interview at a time that conflicts with my prayer time and I may arrive 15-20 minutes late. I do not want to re-schedule because of the horror stories posted on this forum. What do you suggest?

Thanks.

My suggestion is that you do the prayer early that day. Assume you are in a earlier time zone. i know the Almighty will pardon your mistake. Be on time for the interview and all the best.

What is your DO? You can try showing up 2 hours early--it works in the Boston office.

Being 15 minutes late shouldn't be an issue. Determine the closest prayer area to DO to reduce delay.

Letter says not to appear 30 min before the scheduled time. My interview is at 1:40 and prayer time is from 1:30 to 1:50. I hope to be back by 1:55 pm. All comes down to being 15-20 min late.

Try not to be late for your interview. It is very important that you get to the interview 30min before the scheduled time. God will forgive you if you miss your prayer one day. Maybe you can pray early before you.

bro.. I would suggest that you pray and just be there..... they won't reject you for being a bit late and not super late. They are hard on the ones who come in early. That's the way I'd look at it.

USCIS feild offices are very spacious. You can pray in the lot or in the building...As far people getting paranoid, I don't think that should matter in your mind. As I can see in your writing, you are operating on the mindset; prayer first...so go there on time..pray there and have your interview...otherwise, if you decide to pray somewhere other than the lot or the in the building, your prayer will be full of "waz waaz"...which may render it null and void in the eyes of god since you can not clear your mind off of the appoinment and being late while in prayer...good luck...

.As far people getting paranoid, I don't think that should matter in your mind
It should if it means that paranoia will lead someone to call authorities about suspicious acting behavior (performing prayer in a Federal office).

this is a very unique question..what will happen if you pray early?will you die???if you go for your interview late you might be told to go back and be rescheduled same time with your prayers??my suggestion is pray early and I am not God but I can guranteen you that you will not go to hell just because you prayed early..i would understand if prayers were medications but they are not..

stop poking into religious belief with question like will you die if u do not pray.. lets respect each other.. its his private matter. OP asked will be ok to go late and how late.. answer if you can. thanks!

It should if it means that paranoia will lead someone to call authorities about suspicious acting behavior (performing prayer in a Federal office).

That is extreme...people understand that.......and by the way, if you believe in your prayer...that whatever
other people think or do should not matter...even someone calls the police on him..all needs to tell them that
he was praying to his beloved god...giving him the apportunity to convert one or two police officers into his
religion along the way way...

That is extreme...people understand that.......and by the way, if you believe in your prayer...that whatever
other people think or do should not matter...even someone calls the police on him..all needs to tell them that
he was praying to his beloved god...giving him the apportunity to convert one or two police officers into his
religion along the way way...
Or the police can then tell him to pray somewhere else since it is making other people uncomfortable.

Take an infopass appointment and check with the DO what options are available. depending on options available at DO, you need to determine what is of importance to you; Attend interview on time or pray since both are at conflict.
As Faysal suggested, if you believe in your prayer, No need to trouble the same person daily with same prayer; missing a prayer will be understood and more importantly, forgiven.

stop poking into religious belief with question like will you die if u do not pray.. lets respect each other.. its his private matter. OP asked will be ok to go late and how late.. answer if you can. thanks!

There is no poking here when asking a legitimate question...Use your words correctly because "poking" is misused.... This is a puplic site and not a private site..