Beat the clock!!

mohanlal2000

Registered Users (C)
Some incredible news here. Just wanted to share with fellow members. Mine was an EB2 category(PD Jan 2002). I received an I-140 RFE which was duly replied on Aug 1, 2005. No reply till yesterday. On 29th September, received the I-140 approval! But wait, thats not all.

Today morning, Sept 30, I looked up the emails to see that my I-485 has been approved!! Total 3 mails-One for me, my wife, third one mentioned a card for my wife(but no email about the card for me). Truly a miracle, i may add. Had a couple of questions:

(1) Since I did not receive the email yet about the Plastic Card(and my wife did), is there anything to worry about.

(2) What next after this?

(3) I have an india trip scheduled in November. Would any of this have an impact on my travel. I have an EAD and AP as well.

Best of luck to everyone on this board

me too

Congrats mohanlal. Me too beat the clock. I got my approval today afternoon . but there is no card ordered mail.
Thank you

Me too

Glad to join you guys on the last bus. No card information yet. It only said an approval notice was mailed. Will update when it comes.

Congratulations to you all lucky ones....

- Wait for your approval notice, it should come in another 4-8 days.

- Card is usually ordered anytime from the day of approval to 6 months.

- In case if you have any plan for travel outside US, then schedule an infopass appointment and get your passport stamped.

- After you receive your plastic card or getting your passport stamped, submit updated I-9 form with a copy of your plastic card/I551 stamp on your passport to your employer.

- Also get SSN card updated, basically 'INS authorization is required' will be removed and you will get a new SSN card with same SSN.

ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM..............

Apollo_13 said:

- In case if you have any plan for travel outside US, then schedule an infopass appointment and get your passport stamped.

- After you receive your plastic card or getting your passport stamped, submit updated I-9 form with a copy of your plastic card/I551 stamp on your passport to your employer.

- Also get SSN card updated, basically 'INS authorization is required' will be removed and you will get a new SSN card with same SSN.

Appolo_13 . Can you please let me the following :

Are you required to get PP STAMPED if you recieve the GREEN CARDS

Do the INS stamp the passport if it is not mandatory.

Kantha

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Apollo_13,
Than you for you wishes.
I got card ordered mail for me and my wife. But no such mail for my son. Here is my questions .Do I need to get PP stamped? . Can you tell me what is the procedure?
He did not receive FP notice when we gave FP in june.
Thank You,

Apollo_13 said:

Congrats everyone.

As far as I know PP stamp is required for USCIS to print a GC ( they take fresh set of finger prints ) unless USCIS has changed the rules recently. The only exception I see here is for the folks who were asked to report to INS center for a set of finger prints ( biometrics, not a regular FP notice ) a few days before approval. PP stamp is the only time USCIS sees you alive ( in US ) after green card approval. :)

Leaving US w/o passport stamp after approval is considered a serious intent to abandon the green card. Never ever do that. Travel on AP after approval and you loose your GC.

Take a pp stamping appointment and get pp stamped. If journey is in near future then walk to stamping office with airline tickets and get stamped. If you can't make it then change your travel plans.

Congrats again and enjoy the happiness. 2005 becomes great for you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
pam10 said:
Appolo_13 . Can you please let me the following :

Are you required to get PP STAMPED if you recieve the GREEN CARDS

Do the INS stamp the passport if it is not mandatory.

Kantha

Passport stamping is a temporary proof for permanent residency. If you are planning to go out of US shortly, then you would need a stamping in your passport, just in case if u don't receive your plastic card.

So, if you have already received it, then its not required to get stamping.

WhereIsMyLabour said:
Hi Apollo_13,
Than you for you wishes.
I got card ordered mail for me and my wife. But no such mail for my son. Here is my questions .Do I need to get PP stamped? . Can you tell me what is the procedure?
He did not receive FP notice when we gave FP in june.
Thank You,

I guess for kids under 14 age or something, do not get FP notices....

Wait for few more days to get email about your son's card.

If you are planning to travel outside US shortly, then get your son's passport stamped.

Thanks for all the replies!! Based on your esteemed responses, here's my understanding. Could you please confirm it-
(1) If 485 has been approved-Absolutely no travel on AP
(2) If Card received-No stamping required even if travel is there.

(3) Any reason why I did not receive the email for Card (and my wife received the email)

(4) Finally, how long does it take to schedule an Infopass appointment. is it necessary to physically receive the Approval notice before scheduling an interview.

Thanks in advance.

You should make infopass appointment asap..no need to wait for notice ( you can always cancel it if you don't receive notice )

and yes...travel on AP after approval and you know the consequences..it is well known and well documented law..

2 I-485 situation

First of all, congrats to all who beat the clock. My I-485 from VSC was approved on Sept. 29. The problem is that :confused: I also filed I-485 at CSC, later than VSC one. Do I need to withdraw the CSC I-485 or I could just leave it there? I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Additional Tension!

But the email notification which I had received on 30 September said that my I-485 Adjustment was approved. I finally got my notice from INS. It said "While processing your case we reached to a point where we ask you to make appointment with one of our Application Support Center (I guess this is ASC) to have some additional biometrics (FP, Photo and Signature). "This letter also said that this notice is valid for 84 days only. My wife's notice was approved. Couple of questions here:

(1) Does this mean that my I-485 is approved or not? Any impact with the PD issue? My wife's email says that a card has been ordered for her.

(2) Can I use Infopass appointment to schedule this or do I have to call the Toll Free Number.

(3) Finally, I am scheduled to travel in the 3rd week of November. If I do not get my stamping/card before then, what are the implications.

Thanks in advance!!

Mohanlal

What about online status of your case?
When did you give finger printing last time? is it code 2 or code 3?
Your wife might have given code 3 finger printing recently.That is why she got
card ordered directly with out any further appointment with local office.
You should get PP stamping and finger printing to get your green card and for your travel

If you have doubts you can call USCIS customer service.

What about online status of your case?----Says Approved
When did you give finger printing last time? is it code 2 or code 3?---Did Fingerprinting together with my wife in May-05 Both were Code 3

Does this mean that my I-485 is approved or not? Any impact with the PD issue?

Thanks in advance,

Your case is approved. USCIS need your biometrics to print your plastic card.
So you have to make infopass appointment to get your biometrics done and on the same day you can get your Paspport stamped valid for 1 year.