BCIS answer for I140 EB12 Processing Time

SmartSQ

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for I140 EB12 (OR). It was July 2002. Today, I dialed 1-800 number. BCIS staff answered my question on processing time. She said it will take "54(fifty four)" months. I couldn't believe it. I suspected my ear and so asked again. The answer was the same as before. 54 months is 4 and a half year. Is it true? or do I have a hearing problem. Let me know if you guys know anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OHMYGOD. Are your guys speak to the same lady or gentleman in national service center? If it is true, the online status will be changed to "30 dyas to 1620 days" soon. In my opinion, 54 months isn't sufficient for them to process those EB1 I-140s, it should be changed to 540 months so that all those poor petitioners can work under EAD year after year, no need to worry about their H1b expiration. :D :D :D ;)

Originally posted by gc-despo
Unfortunately, this is true. I called up yesterday and was told 54 months as well.....

this is scary. I amwaiting for EB1-OR since may2002 and at this rate I think giving up,very frustrating.how and why they need 54 weeks for approval? so does this mean they donot respect highly qualified people.
shobhana

I think it should be 54 weeks....

Some sort of typo......
I don't think they will honestly admit the time for processing, if it really 54 months. Forget your worries and enjoy your weekend!

Oh, my god! 54 months :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused:

or..... could it be 54 weeeeeeeeeeks? I hope :D

Last edited by a moderator:
is it really goin g to take 54 months??am getting worried and is this really true? why only VSC is acting like this to EB1 people?
I havenot yet called justbuilding patience
shobhana

now hold on just one darn minute!!!!!

Guys

I spoke to them yesterday exactly at 3:22 pm. I called twice. The first time... as the very polite lady was talking to me she said "sir, my computer has frozen would you please call back again and talk to another customer service representative".

So I dialed again : this time a different very polite lady with a southern accent took my particulars down and said her message said - it is taking 54 months to process this kind of case - upon reading this she said something is wrong here and talked to her supervisor and came back to me saying " sir, my supervisor says there seems to be a computer glitch could you please call back Monday , hopefully it will all be settled by then"

so .....take it easy....if this 54 months is true ...God give us patience .....

any comments....
KK

EB-2NIW - VSC
ND - 7/19/02