B2 visa deinied on 214b, anything I can do?

luqing0604

Hi all, my first time here and I hoping someone can help me urgently. My fiance and I are getting married in NYC next year. We are both US citizens and so is my mum. I would like my maternal grandfather (as he is my only grandparent left) to attend the wedding but his visa got denied on 214b. He lives in china with two of his children (including his only son, he actually lives with my uncle's family so they can take care of him). He has no desire to settle in the US at all otherwise my mum would have applied for a green card for him (she was naturalised over 20 years ago) so all we really want to do is see his youngest grandchildren getting married in person and for him to attend the tea ceremony. I have offered to pay for all the expenses and have the money to do so.
We can't change the fact my mum is an US citizen nor my grandfather is retired for 10 years, 3 month is too short for us to apply for a immigrant visa for him. So are we doomed to not having him at our wedding? We are quite devastated by result. Is there a way to appeal for humanitarian purpose? Thank you so much for your help!