B1-Visa Stamped Issue

waitingforgc04

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding B1-Visa.
My brother in India, was to come on B1-Visa through his company on an assignment for 2-6 months. He got his Visa stamped(multiple entry 10 year, with the Annotation being BLANK) and had his tickets and everything ready, when at the last minute(a couple of days before departure), his Manager felt that they need him in India on another assignment and do NOT want him to go to the US.

The question now is can he use this Visa to travel to USA, say if I send him an invitation? Is there any way that it can be tracked that his Visa was issued through his company ?

Thanks

waitingforgc04 said:
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding B1-Visa.
My brother in India, was to come on B1-Visa through his company on an assignment for 2-6 months. He got his Visa stamped(multiple entry 10 year, with the Annotation being BLANK) and had his tickets and everything ready, when at the last minute(a couple of days before departure), his Manager felt that they need him in India on another assignment and do NOT want him to go to the US.

The question now is can he use this Visa to travel to USA, say if I send him an invitation? Is there any way that it can be tracked that his Visa was issued through his company ?

Thanks

If the visa says B1/B2 he can travel for non business purpose. A 10 year B visa usually has B1/B2. B1 is the business visitor visa, B2 is the tourist visitor visa.