B1 Only Visa for a French Citizen

Pierre Leroy

Hi, I'm French Citizen, I live in Mexico. I was hire by a Mexican company to do some photography in Florida, the border officer denied my entrance to the US in the basis of: the Company should had hired a US Citizen to do the job (This sounds weird but was basically the reason even if I was going be paid in Mexican Currency) anyway they denied my entrance and invalidated my ESTA and Visa Waiver Program (Just to be clear I was very complying and never get upset or anything). they told me if I want to return to the US I should apply for a Visa. I went to the Consulate and the give me a B1 Visa for a year (NOT B2). So now I'm not allow to go to the US for Vacations only for Business. this sounds really weird to me. There is anything I can do to fix this?

If you have a B-1 visa, you can use it for vacations to the US.

Hi, I'm French Citizen, I live in Mexico. I was hire by a Mexican company to do some photography in Florida, the border officer denied my entrance to the US in the basis of: the Company should had hired a US Citizen to do the job (This sounds weird but was basically the reason even if I was going be paid in Mexican Currency) anyway they denied my entrance and invalidated my ESTA and Visa Waiver Program (Just to be clear I was very complying and never get upset or anything). they told me if I want to return to the US I should apply for a Visa. I went to the Consulate and the give me a B1 Visa for a year (NOT B2). So now I'm not allow to go to the US for Vacations only for Business. this sounds really weird to me. There is anything I can do to fix this?