1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B1 in lieu of H1B rejected - 214(b) refusal

Discussion in 'General B Visa and Related Issues' started by myjob2017, Aug 28, 2017.

1. myjob2017

myjob2017 New Member

I am working with a multinational automotive company in India. Recently my company processed my VISA for a short term work in US(3months). It was B1 in lieu of H1B but got rejected citing 214(b) clause. I have no idea why it got rejected as the consular officer didnt ask me much questions. He took the attorney letter which I had submitted and told me admin processing is required. At the end my Passport came without VISA stamping.

Now my company is attempting me to send in L1B. The span of travel is 3 months. Is this category the right choice? Or is it better for me to process L1-individual ?

Would like to have expert opinion from you guys on this subject
  2. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Are you being transferred to your firm's US office for 3 months?
    If so, L-1B is the correct visa to apply for.

3. myjob2017

myjob2017 New Member

I will be transferred to US firm permanently through L1B. My VISA rejection (B1 in lieu of H1B ) happend last year.
    What is the risks of my L1-B getting rejected? Is it better to process through 'L1-individual' route rather than 'L1-Blanket '?