B1 extension rejected; What should i be careful of when i apply next

abhisheksinha

hello all

I got my b1 visa for 3 months and then i need to send for an extension.I did in the INS took abt 2 months to reply back. When they replied they said my visa was rejected. I left the country in abt 2 days from the day i got my rejection and i now need to apply for an l1 visa.I am wondering if i did everything right !! and will this be a problem in my future visa applications !

Friends i am really lost here, please let me know what i problems could i face while applying for some other visa or what precautions should i take in future.Can i just be rejected at the port of entry even i f i have got a new visa.?

Thanks in advance

Abhishek

rejection notice question

On the rejection notice, did the INS specify any time by which you need to leave the country.

Well there was no mention of the date. The day when i got the answer i tried getting my ticket and i got a next day flight.So i left.The problem specified in the letter that my letter reached a day later than it should . I had a post office stamp which said that the letter was send atlest 3 days earlier...

keep the letter and envelope and your ticket stubs to prove that you left the US within a week of mailing and within 48 hours of the receipt of the letter. This will demonstrate "evidence of good faith." this will assist in demonstrating both eligibility and "nonimmigrant intentions" for future visas.