B1/B2 re-entering, extending or extension?

dennisberckmans

Hello,

I am Dennis (29) from Belgium and travelling the world on a bicycle. In March I entered the USA in New York on a B1/B2 visa and was allowed to stay for a period of 6 months (until September 11th).

I spend 4 months in NY and then flew to Alaska. Now I am cycling south and would like to end my expedition in San Fransisco on the 1st of November. This isn't possible within the 6 month period I was given.

My options:

1) Somebody told me I could just re-enter the USA on a land border (with Canada) a day after my 6 month period expired (so september 12th).

problem: I read I would have to wait at least six months before re-entering. This is not a possibility.

2) Apply for an extension a month before my 6month period expires. It would take them 2,5 months to reply and by that time I will be leaving the country. this option would give me a "legal" way to overstay my visa.

problem: In the application proces they ask for an adress to send the answer to. I am on the road, no adress.

3) I could also re-enter before my 6 month period expires and overstay my visa by 50-60 days and fly back home. this would be illegal but still under 180 days which would mean a 3year ban from Usa.

problem: Illegal and I loose my visa.

who can help me with this? The only thing I want to do is finish my 15000 mile expedition and fly home.

Hopefully somebody knows the answer...

thanks.,
Dennis