B1 and H1B both on passport

dj_panchal

Hi All,

I have B1 10 yr M entry. I got H1b stamped also from one consultant. Currently I am in USA on B1 for 2 months. When I entered on USA port on B1 immigration officer didn't ask me about my H1B. How can I check my H1b is still valid or not?

Your feedback is highly appreciated

Check your I 94 card. card caveat is B or H1. If it is b then you have to go out and come back with I 94 with caveat h1 to start working. Without that I 94 you will not get your SSN.

dj_panchal said:
Hi All,

I have B1 10 yr M entry. I got H1b stamped also from one consultant. Currently I am in USA on B1 for 2 months. When I entered on USA port on B1 immigration officer didn't ask me about my H1B. How can I check my H1b is still valid or not?

Your feedback is highly appreciated

great guru said:
Check your I 94 card. card caveat is B or H1. If it is b then you have to go out and come back with I 94 with caveat h1 to start working. Without that I 94 you will not get your SSN.
Hi GreatGuru,

I have a similar case. I do currently have multiple entry B1 visa and h1b visa. My h1b visa is recent one and I have never travelled to US on this visa. I might have to travel to US on B1 visa (instead of h1) soon. It would be B1 visa because the duration is hardly a month. Is it possible to get my H1 visa transferred (with someone who is ready to transfer my h1) in this case ?

Your h1 can not be transfered unless you enter into US with H1 and get your I 94 with caveat H1b (sponser campany name written by the officer).

maxtrain said:
Hi GreatGuru,

I have a similar case. I do currently have multiple entry B1 visa and h1b visa. My h1b visa is recent one and I have never travelled to US on this visa. I might have to travel to US on B1 visa (instead of h1) soon. It would be B1 visa because the duration is hardly a month. Is it possible to get my H1 visa transferred (with someone who is ready to transfer my h1) in this case ?