B Visa for parents for wedding

Priya_23

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We want to get a tourist visa for our parents so that they can attend our wedding.
Questions:

1. Is it a good idea to give wedding as the only reason for visit?

2. They will apply in Mumbai, does anyone know if VFS will take supporting
docs(wedding invitations etc)? THe reason I am asking is that we dont have all the supporting docs ready yet, but we want to get an appt. ASAP given that there is a 2 month wait at mumbai. In other words, we would like to take an appt. and get the ball rolling but if the papers are looked at before hte interview then we dont want not having all the supporting docs hurt our case.

3. Does anyone know of any good agents in Mumbai who can coach the interviewees?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Priya_23 said:
Hi,
We want to get a tourist visa for our parents so that they can attend our wedding.
Questions:

1. Is it a good idea to give wedding as the only reason for visit?

{Combine this reason with tourism also. Attending the wedding looks
like a pretty strong reason for me. However these days it is difficult
to guage the consulate's reaction.

Basically they should concentrate on factors that would show a strong
reason to go back to India like strong family ties (several children living
in India),immovable property, income in India and so on}

2. They will apply in Mumbai, does anyone know if VFS will take supporting
docs(wedding invitations etc)? THe reason I am asking is that we dont have all the supporting docs ready yet, but we want to get an appt. ASAP given that there is a 2 month wait at mumbai. In other words, we would like to take an appt. and get the ball rolling but if the papers are looked at before hte interview then we dont want not having all the supporting docs hurt our case.

{Speaking from Chennai experience you would not need any papers at
the time of appointment. All paperwork is needed at the time of interview}

3. Does anyone know of any good agents in Mumbai who can coach the interviewees?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

{my responses}

Raju