[B]Suggestion to Students[/B]

deepachoudary

Registered Users (C)
As lot of things are changing in GC process. What should be number priority for a
student who finished his MS and on H1(7 months old) with a desi employer.

1. Stay like this loosing 50% salary for 5 more years giving GC a number one priority.

2. Give career as number one priority and take up a full time job, work on GC parallelly

what is garantee that things would not change?

Thanks,
Deepa

i think i saw your post on the other thread also.

in the current situation, giving GC any importance will be suicidal....since we may end up being slave for 5 years...and then get nothing..

instead of that...try to get into a good company..(atleast keep looking..)........usually big companies like UPS, Bellsouth etc.., they usually do not have funds problems....and if you work hard...keep learning new skills....cover your ass all the time(in big companies...its a must, politics is required...)...and usually now most of the companies are sponsoring GC.

and i think raise may not be much, but atleast u wont be working for peanuts.

there is one more option....join a big desi company(i know 2 or 3 companies which are not bad).....agree only on billing share basis....(75-85% on w2).....keep your skills top class always....be ready to relocate always..

the goal is to make sure that u dont get exploited, and u get employed by the same employer for atleast 5 years.....

if one has the skills....its very much possible...

Desi Firm

"big desi company(i know 2 or 3 companies which are not bad)"

Can you please tell me the names of those companies?

If you do not want to post them here, please e-mail me through this forum.

Thanks

http://www.mitiweb.com/ , this one is a small one, i dont know exact number of employees, but must be somewhere between 30-40.

other one is www.compunnel.com , this one is big enough, i think around 200 consultants(i think they have around 7-8 marketing guys).

there is one more, i dont remember the name, i will try to post it next time..