[B]SocialSecurity/Federal/State Benefit - Medical/Disability Issue for LAPR[/B]

Mikaal

SocialSecurity/Federal/State Benefit - Medical/Disability Issue for LAPR

SocialSecurity/Federal/State Benefit - Medical/Disability Issue for LAPR
My child was born in Canada with some birth defect. He was hyperinsulinemia which put him in life and death situation for seven months until his pancrease was removed. He is still at risk of long-term complications related to diabetes (he is diabetic and on insulin) which is less dangerous than what he was born with and manageable at home. Due to long term hospitalization and several episodes of hypoglycemia he needs developmental therapy.
My wife who is LAPR in US has taken him back to US and my son is now PR (with GC) in US.
My son (based on medical/developmental needs) and my wife (based on the fact that she can not work in order to take care of child and has no source or resources of income whatsoever) is eligible for all the related Federal and State benefits, programs, and medical assistance under Social Security Act, except for the condition of citizenship. All these benefits are for citizens not for immigrants. According to a clause in Social Security Act, family class immigrants cant have social security benefit because their sponsor agrees on financial responsibility. Does anybody has any information, suggestions, feedback in this regard? Is there any program for immigrant childrens?
Does anybody know about classes of immigrants other than family based sponsorship. My wife moved to US with her parents, who were not sponsored by any relative, they were granted immigration because of services to US govt, its some kind of benefit for employees under foriegn operations. If anybody has information about this class of immigration, please reply in good faith.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
what you are saying is correct. Unfortunately this is the one area where it is better to be a citizen. Fortunately there is no income requirement for citizenship. Once she becomes citizen then the child becomes citizen right along with her. Then she can go and apply for SSI for the child.