B.pharmacy Students From India, First Read This - Fpdp Prog.

raj12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I HAVE SENT AN E-MAIL QUIRIES TO CONCEPT-MICROSYSTEMS PVT. LTD. (CMPL) [[deepa@concept-inc.com]]To answer the following questions.
1. CMPV promises that they will get a valid H1 to work as PHARMACY ASSISTANT. How is it possible for CMPV to get a licence from the respective boards?? (with out fingerprinting approvals from FBI (California Board Requirement, I don`t know about the other states).

2. With out having a licence issued from the Board how is it possible for any chain-store sponser for Visa. That too, INS issues a visa for Pharmacy Assistant which is almost equivalent to PHARMACY TECHNICIAN.

(I don`t have any idea, whether INS issues visa or workpermit for Pharmacy Technician AS SUCH, if there is anyone got a PRIMARY VISA (like H1) to work as pharmay assistant in USA.)
===================================================================
THIS IS THE REPLY I GOT FROM Ms. Deepa [May be a Representative from CMPV(Claims 100 PEOPLE AND 10 BILLION DOLLARS COMPNAY ,...I have no idea about CMPV.????. Her e-mail ID:deepa@concept-inc.com ]
===================================================================

Ms.Deepa\'s REPLY :
Thank you very much for your response towards our programme. We are sure that you will be satisfied with what we will offer.

As you are aware, the FPDP is a programme initiated by Concept and it is the first time that something like this has happened and which is why the response has been absolutely tremendous. We have received a huge number of applications and would be soon filtering the information and shortlisting the candidates.

Our course will vary between 30 and 45 days during which the classes will take place in Mumbai and SIMULTANEOUSLY YOUR PAPERS WILL BE SENT TO THE NABP AND THE INS FOR YOUR ATT AND YOUR WORK PEMIT RESPECTIVELY.
(THIS IS MY VIEW ON Ms. Deepa\'s Statement: Any B.Pharmacy graduate can send papers to NABP to get ATT No. Its not a great deal to send papers to NABP by FED-EX or DHL Courier. and I am surprising to Ms. Deepa statement that how INS can issue a work permit with out having a Licence from respective board to work as pharmacy assistant/Pharmacy technician.....I don`t know how far it is going to work out....especially after recent developments on visa issues by INS).

This is my view only. I HAVE NO COMMENTS ON THE REALITY AND STRENGTH OF CMPV IN GETTING A WORK PEMIT for PHARMACY ASSISTANT.

ALL B.PHARMACY STUDENTS ONE THING IS SURE - YOU REQUIRE A LICENCE (PHARMACY TECHNICIAN/PHARMACY ASSISTANT) WITH THE STATE BOARD TO WORK AS A PHARMACY ASSISTANT OR PHARMACY TECHNICIAN AND IT TAKES MINIMUM TWO MONTHS (I KNOW ABOUT THE CALIFORNIA BOARD, I DON`T KNOW HOW MUCH TIME IT WILL TAKE IN THE OTHER STATES AND ALSO IT REQUIRES FINGER PRINTING APPROVALS FROM FBI. ITS MUST.)
------------------------------------------------------------------

We will also offer the course materials to candidates (who have been short listed) who are living outside Mumbai and working. The course materials will be sent to them and tests will be monitored on a weekly basis by our teaching faculty in Mumbai.

We are attaching a form for you that you must send back to us. Please note that you must send us a hard copy (take a print out on a good quality white A 4 size paper) of the form with your photograph on it to our office address. Please courier us the forms in order to save time. Incase you are in Mumbai you may come to the office and collect the forms.

After we receive your form, we will send you a confirmation whether you have been shortlisted or not. If you are shortlisted you will have to send us a DD of Rs 500 to our office address (it is mentioned in the admission form which is attached) payable in Mumbai favouring ‘Concept Micro-Systems Privat

I already discussed about this as a scam.

As I said, they will rob some poor fellas money. Pharmacy is a very delicate profession regulated by state control laws. This is not a IT field, where you can have a BS degree in biology and still can have a job if you get a training course on IT. Pharmacy is a very professional degree and you have to pass 6 exam.
1. FPGEE
2. TOEFL
3. TSE
4. NABPLEX
5. LAW
6. Dispensing (only in NY)

So pharmacy graduate, dont get confused and give any 500 dd to any company. Spent some time in www.nabp.net, order application materials and fill it out and send to NABP for exam. It is self explanatory and I guess you will much more smarter when you start processing this paper. If you have any question, you can always ask here in this board or some other.

I got the same response from Ms.Deepa (FPDP)

Here is Ms.Deepa\'s response to my enquiry regarding Pharmacy
licensure examination in US:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your response towards our programme. We are sure

that you will be satisfied with what we will offer.

As you are aware, the FPDP is a programme initiated by Concept and it is

the first time that something like this has happened and which is why
the response has been absolutely tremendous. We have received a huge
number of applications and would be soon filtering the information and
shortlisting the candidates.

Our course will vary between 30 and 45 days during which the classes
will take place in Mumbai and simultaneously your papers will be sent to

the NABP and the INS for your ATT and your work permit respectively.

We are attaching a form for you that you must send back to us. Please
note that you must send us a hard copy (take a print out on a good
quality white A 4 size paper) of the form with your photograph on it to
our office address. Please courier us the forms in order to save time.
Incase you are in Mumbai you may come to the office and collect the
forms.

After we receive your form, we will send you a confirmation whether you
have been shortlisted or not. If you are shortlisted you will have to
send us a DD of Rs 400 to our office address (it is mentioned in the
admission form which is attached) payable in Mumbai favouring ‘Concept
Micro-Systems Private Limited’ after which we will courier you our FPDP
handbook containing all the details and also give you a counselling /
seminar date. You are welcome to get your parents or guardians along for

counselling.

Thank you once again.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanking you,

Deepa Mirchandani
Concept Micro-Systems Private Limited
deepa@concept-inc.com

Better ask for more details...

Here are my thoughts...

It is definitely true that there is scaricity for Pharmacists in USA; albeit not in every state. They make reasonably good money too.

At the same, please understand that in general health care is very regulated in USA.

Another, critical point here is, no one pays USD 100 - USD 300 per hour for pharmacists (again even in this conditions some special skilled people in IT are charged these rates now); thus making it very difficult for any agencies or consultancies to operate and make good money. All these big chains (Eckerd, Walgreens, CVS etc) operate on very thin margins; which is generally true in highly competitive Retail Industry in US.

In addition VISA/INS issues. More than once I am told that it is close to impossible to get a H1 for unless you can at least work as Graduate Intern; which require FPGEC certification. Getting ATT is biggest of all hurdles; which takes for ever.

Above all is just my best information and could be wrong too.

So, if I am in a similar boat; I would try to find out complete details from these guys before I pay any money just like you try to find about Co. that you might invest in. Unless they tell you exactly what their plans are with a timeline; please do not rush in to spend money. It is your right to know every thing.

Wishing you all the best,

The information above is 100% correct

I live in Chicago where the NABP board has its office. The only way to get to work in US pharmacy for a foreign grad. is thru FPGEE. You have to pass 6 exams as habib has said... Beware of FPDP!!! Without FPGEE you can work as a pharmacy technician BUT ONLY IF ---> You are a US citizen or a green card (Permannet US resident alien). INS will not approve H1 for a technician as the education req. for it is only a high school degree with course of pharmacy techninician. H1 is for skilled labor not high school grads.
FPDP is taking innocent people for a ride just as some IT companies did in 2000 etc. boom
goto www.nabp.org and trust your eyes. Call your relatives/friends in US to get the truth !!! All the best Folks!!!

No Title

In reference to all the posts shown below, I am a U.S. immigration Attorney who has assisted numerous Indian Nationals in obtaining H-1B status as well as Permanent Residence in The United States. I have no affiliation whatsoever with the forementioned company in this thread.

1. H-1B Visas are issued to candidates who are being sponsored by an employer who is offering a job that requires at least a Bachelor\'s degree in a specialty occupation. A Pharmacy Technician or Assistant is generally not considered a job that reqiures a candidate to have a Bachelor\'s degree in anything. Therefore, INS will usually not approve a case for H-1B status for a Pharm Tech or Assistant.

2. In order to get an H-1B as a Pharmacist Intern, a Foreign grad must pass the FPGEE. This is a two step process:

(i) Must first get an ATT #. In order to get an ATT #, one must have his educational credentials evaluated by the FPGEC in order to determine if his credentials are at least equivalent to those earned in the United States. This normally takes about 7-12 months. I do not know how the gentleman who posted earlier received his in three months. As far as I am aware, this is highly unusual(Incidentally, also, as of 01/01/03, a Bachelor\'s Degree in Pharmacy will no longer be accepted).

(ii) After receiving your ATT #, you must register to take the FPGEE, the TSE, and in some states the TOEFL. A few states will allow you to intern w/o having passed the FPGEE, but most require it. Generally in most states, once you pass the FPGEE, you apply for an Intern certificate and you can begin working once you receive it.

(iii) All states require Intern hours to be completed before being licensed by the state. You put in your 1500-2000 hours as an Intern and you take the state license exam and the legal exam. A few states allow you to take the exam before accumulating the intern hours, but most require that the Intern hours be completed first.

I myself have started my own company to address the Pharmacist shortage in the U.S., it is called Mayflower Pharmaceutical Services. If you are a foreign trained pharmacist, and you would like more info, feel free to e-mail myself or the President of Operations, Mr. Robert Schilling, Robert@mayflowerservices.com

Gabriel D. Jack
Attorney at Law
gjack@gabejack-law.com

Foreign trained pharmacists

In reference to all the posts shown below, I am a U.S. immigration Attorney who has assisted numerous Indian Nationals in obtaining H-1B status as well as Permanent Residence in The United States. I have no affiliation whatsoever with the forementioned company in this thread.

1. H-1B Visas are issued to candidates who are being sponsored by an employer who is offering a job that requires at least a Bachelor\'s degree in a specialty occupation. A Pharmacy Technician or Assistant is generally not considered a job that reqiures a candidate to have a Bachelor\'s degree in anything. Therefore, INS will usually not approve a case for H-1B status for a Pharm Tech or Assistant.

2. In order to get an H-1B as a Pharmacist Intern, a Foreign grad must pass the FPGEE. This is a two step process:

(i) Must first get an ATT #. In order to get an ATT #, one must have his educational credentials evaluated by the FPGEC in order to determine if his credentials are at least equivalent to those earned in the United States. This normally takes about 7-12 months. I do not know how the gentleman who posted earlier received his in three months. As far as I am aware, this is highly unusual(Incidentally, also, as of 01/01/03, a Bachelor\'s Degree in Pharmacy will no longer be accepted).

(ii) After receiving your ATT #, you must register to take the FPGEE, the TSE, and in some states the TOEFL. A few states will allow you to intern w/o having passed the FPGEE, but most require it. Generally in most states, once you pass the FPGEE, you apply for an Intern certificate and you can begin working once you receive it.

(iii) All states require Intern hours to be completed before being licensed by the state. You put in your 1500-2000 hours as an Intern and you take the state license exam and the legal exam. A few states allow you to take the exam before accumulating the intern hours, but most require that the Intern hours be completed first.

I myself have started my own company to address the Pharmacist shortage in the U.S., it is called Mayflower Pharmaceutical Services. If you are a foreign trained pharmacist, and you would like more info, feel free to e-mail myself or the President of Operations, Mr. Robert Schilling, Robert@mayflowerservices.com

Gabriel D. Jack
Attorney at Law
gjack@gabejack-law.com

H1 before FPGEE clearance for foreign Pharma Grads.

As I had mentioned earlier the claim of FPDP that it will do H1 before getting FPGEE crtification is dubious if not an outright lie. H1 is only for skilled workers. Post 9/11 the INS is also taking a close look at all petitions before approving them. Also post 01/01/2003 the NABP will need min. 5 years pharma education for FPGEE certification.

Any states which give permission to start intern hours after just clearing FPGEE and TOEFL???

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if anybody knows the list of states which allow the candidates to start internship hours just after clearing FPGEE and TOEFL?

I think California is one of them.

time to get ATT...

Nowadays NABP is issuing ATT within three to four months if all the required documentation is submitted correctly. I know atleast 4 people who got their ATTs within less than 4 months from the date they submitted their documents.

H1 is possible, i checked with my bros in US

i think a H1 is possible, because if u visit the Department of Labor Site u will find that a LCA(Labor condition Application) for H1b is issued towards pharmacy Assistant.This means a H1 can be filed in this category.It is very wrong to say H1 is for skilled labor, i have a friend working as a pastry chef on a H1.

H1 issues

LCA is the acronym for Labor Condition Application (a/k/a the form ETA 9035). When an H-1B is processed, papers have to be processed with the INS and the Department of Labor (DOL). The DOL is involved in the process because the federal government wants to ensure that if foreign workers are being hired it is not being done in a manner that underpays them. This protects the foreign workers from being abused, but the main purpose of this process is to protect the jobs of American workers and to make sure that wages are not artificially depressed.
About LCA:
When a U.S. corporation hires an H-1B worker it will have to pay that worker the prevailing wage as determined by the DOL and its wage surveys. If a U.S. company does not offer the H-1B worker a wage that comes within 95% of this prevailing wage, an H-1B petition cannot be processed. The LCA is the form where the prevailing wage is set forth and the U.S. company promises to pay at least the prevailing wage. Once the company completes and signs this LCA, it must be sent to one of the 10 regional DOL offices for certification. The process may take anywhere from a couple of days to four or five weeks depending on the area of the country. The INS will not approve an H-1B petition without a completed, signed and DOL certified LCA.

About H1
H-1B - Specialty Occupation (Professionals) Visas
Professionals with at least a Bachelor\'s Degree or its equivalent work experience may be eligible for a nonimmigrant visa.

So, theoretically H1 can be given to anyone with above criteria. But in practice it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to do for some jobs as the Labor clearance does not come for many cases. Hence generally H1 is given for jobs for which the employees are not there in US i.e why they need foreign workers.
BUT THERE IS NO HARM IN TRYING FOR A H1. SO BEST OF LUCK!!!

approved ATT

If i have a approved att# and in INDIA, how will i attend the FPGEE,let me bringto ur kiind attention that a b1/b2 visa is not possible, u are not consider even if u have a ATT and are in the genral line of B1/B2 and the ration for issuing visa in this category is 10% in INDIA for age 25-35.

Mayflower Pharmaceutical Services

Just to clear up a few misstatements from a couple of postings I read:

1. The LCA takes no time at all anymore. I get them instantly on-line.

2. Just because someone has the equivalent to a Bachelor\'s degree in a specialty occupation does not mean that the person is automatically eligible for an H-1B. THE JOB must require someone with at least a Bachelor\'s degree in a specialty occupation. If one were to make the attempt of filing for H-1B status and they held a PHD in Rocket Science and they have a willing employer who will employ that person as a pastry cook, it is highly doubtful that an H-1B would be issued. The job of Pastry Cook is not one that typically requires a Bachelor\'s Degree. For the gentleman who said his friend has an H-1B and he is a pastry cook, I would ask him to show it to you. If he in fact has one, it is most likely a mistake made by the INS, (And knowing the INS, I would not doubt it if you told me this were the case).

3. As for ATT #’s within 3 months, this is really great if it is true. My experience has been anywhere from 7-10 months.

4. Some states do in fact provide Intern Certificates for their state before actually passing the FPGEE, although most do not. I can get an H-1B for someone practicing in such state. However, those states that allow one to work as an Intern before passage of FPGEE still, in most cases, require that the candidate pass the FPGEE before sitting for their state licensing exam.

5. Most states, if not all of them, also issue Intern Certificates upon passage of TSE, FPGEE, and TOEFL. Some actually require only TSE and FPGEE.

To learn more about our services and whether we can help you become employed in the U.S., feel free to send an e-mail to myself, or the President of our Operations at Mayflower Pharmaceutical, Mr. Robert E. Schilling. Robert@mayflowerservices.com

Gabriel D. Jack
Attorney at Law
gjack@gabejack-law.com

Dont confuse or get confused on H1b and H2b vis

I talked to FPDP and they said that they already have LCA from Dept.
of Labor indicating they can apply for H1B visa with INS.

2. LCA (labor condition admission) certificate determines the minimum
wages a foreign worker needs to be paid and based only based on the LCA
one can file for H1B visas. It is not right on part of some one to say
that this a scam and totally wrong to say that H1B are only for highly
qualified workers. If this was the case then Labor dept. wouldn\'t have
created various DOT and SEC codes for various other categories. Visas in
the areas of Information technology require the same conditions as any
other visas only that that information tech petitions is a routine case
and hence they don\'t check on strictly on the the criteria for visa.

3. For H1B visa one has to meet following criteria

a. No displacement of US workers in that category or work. The
specification for such jobs can be set forth by the client.
b. minimum years of education in that field (I believe it is 16 years of
education)
c. Credential evaluation of the degree.
d. Relevant experience in that field.
e. Evidence that there is a need for such job and that it can\'t be
fulfilled by a US worker and therefore needs foreign worker.
f. Proper LCA approved form.

4. Robert schilling and Gabriel Jack are confusing using long terms on
LCA\'s . The type of LCA they are talking which take longer time for
approval are basically for H2B visa (non agriculture temporary workers)
and not for H1B visa workers.

5. On one hand they say this is a scam and poor people should beware
before spending Rs. 500 equivalent to just $10 for information. On the
other hand they say that they run a attorney firm and a Pharma placement
agencies which helps giving right advise to consultants. Tel me is it
worth spending $300 for such initial consultation from Gabriel Jack and
then spending additional god knows how much upto $2500 for applying a
visa and then hoping it might be approved. As they themselves say it is
impossible to get an H1B visa.

6. Mr. Gabriel Jack please tell me it this not a sort of sophisticated
cheating too.

7. As regards Habib and all his associates posting on this site and
talking of the so called scam. What are you guys doing.. Are you not
running the same so called scam from Dubai where in you ask students to
pay more than $3000 and assure them nothing except a trip to Dubai. OR..
is it just that you are afraid of the competition.

H1B and H2b

I talked to Deepa and she said that they already have LCA from Dept.

education)

cheating too.

H1b and H2b

I talked to Deepa and she said that they already have LCA from Dept.

education)

cheating too.

No Title

this guy in the previous message is awfully confused and mis-informed. Also, for the record, I never commented negatively at all towards FPDP or whatever the company is that this gentleman was talking about.

First, I am an Immigration Attorney in the U.S. I have prepared literally 100\'s of H-1B\'s. I know what the regulations say as far as qualifying for an H-1B Visa. Again, THE JOB MUST REQUIRE AT LEAST A 4 YEAR BACHELOR\'S DEGREE IN A SPECIALIZED FIELD. You are doing a great diservice to your fellow countrymen in confusing them of the law. Please look up the regulations and learn them before you very irresponsibly slander me as well as misinform people of the requirements. I have contributed to this discussion board for more than a year now. In nearly all cases, I end up getting no business as result of my doing so. I am offended at your accusation that I would try to cheat anyone.

Now for the truth:

1. Many states allow one to be given an Intern Certificate before passing the FPGEE.
2. All these requirements he speaks of for H-1B\'s-All I can say is ignore all of it. Some of his statements are close to accurate while others are just outright rediculous.

If anyone would like to have more FREE information regarding the H-1B program and the eligibility requirements, please feel free to e-mail directly. I will be glad to answer any questions as best as I can; anything for which I do not have an immediate answer at the top of my head, I will admit that I do not know for sure and I will research the issue to give you a more positive answer.

Gabriel D. Jack
Attorney at Law California License #212741
gjack@gabejack-law.com

FWIW

I agree with Gabriel Jack regarding the H-1 requirements. An LCA proves nothing regarding the qualifications fof an H-1. I\'ve filed a couple thousand H-1s. I also agree that INS does make mistakes and the mistakes are sometimes in the beneficiary\'s favor. I saw an H-1 Software Engineer with a degree in Botony but if that same person came to me for an H-1 petition today I would say it wasn\'t possible for that position.

Well, now you have 2 licensed attorneys saying the same thing.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/