Avoiding non-uk/eu tuition fees

bonoz

Hey everyone!

I am a US citizen. I will be studying medicine in UK at Imperial College London. Everything's great. Except I'll be paying the hefty tuition fees which averages out to 34k pounds. Although, it is still comparable to US medical schools, I'm still trying to find a way I can qualify for home fees status.

Here are the guidelines: imperial.ac.uk/workspace/registry/public/Admissions/Fee%20Status%20Guidance%20Notes.pdf

Does anyone out there have any clue about any of this?

Thanks

Unless you find an EU citizen partner, it will be difficult at this time. I'm not suggesting you find one just for this purpose, but maybe you'll meet someone during your first year. Otherwise, it's going to be costly. Scholarships?

I am applying for Dutch residency based on my non-Dutch EU citizen unmarried partner, and as such, I will qualify to pay EU tuition when I go back to finish my degree. The first 2 years of the study, though, were really expensive as I did not know I would qualify for this (we have been together for almost 5 years, so it's legitimate).

But would just getting citizenship would be enough to get home fees? Isn't there a living requirement?

UK immigration and settlement laws are very odd. There are so many different categories because of their dependencies and territories, plus former territories. It looks like even British citizens need to be residents. Crazy.

In the Netherlands, it is only based on the passport/residence permit you show the university.