F4 22 February 1997 8 September 1997
E1 Current Current
E2 1 June 2006 Current
E3 Unavailable Unavailable
EX Unavailable Unavailable
EW Unavailable Unavailable
E4 Current Current
E4-Religious Current Current

My congratulations to Indians who are in EB2. :)

Excellent

WOW!!!!!
I hope it is true.

Excellent movement for India EB2!!!

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

Category India Most Other Countries
F1 15 March 2002 15 March 2002
FX Unavailable Unavailable
F2A 1 October 2003 1 October 2003
F2B 1 November 1999 1 November 1999
F3 8 June 2000 8 June 2000
F4 22 February 1997 8 September 1997
E1 Current Current
E2 1 June 2006 Current
E3 Unavailable Unavailable
EX Unavailable Unavailable
EW Unavailable Unavailable
E4 Current Current
E4-Religious Current Current

Hi members,
As everybody by now who are in the GC Ordeal know that EB2 for India has moved to June'2006 for August bulletin.
My QUESTION is my priority date is Feb'06(EB-2) but when i'am checking the processing times for Applications filed for 1-485 at TSC are now 17th June'06
My application receipt date is 06-27-2006 & Receipt date is 09-18-2006,so how does my application process?
does it need to like bothe priority date & processing date need to be same?
or as the priority date is current they process the GC irespective of the received date?
BELLA,ATTORNEY,SGUITAR,Please suggest.
Thanks in advance for your time

ok guys. al the dreamers. this is a trick.
Now all those 200K applicants will not get 2 year EAD (more money to CIS every year)and all those h1b renewals will be 1 year (again more money to them) because you dont fall into retroggressed group.
Do you think they have enough visas to approve all these cases from april 2004-june 2006? in one or two months this will retrogress to another old date.... dont tell me they dont know how many applications are there for this perod.

Unlike last year now they got all the files with them now. i think this is tricky.

Hi members,
As everybody by now who are in the GC Ordeal know that EB2 for India has moved to June'2006 for August bulletin.
My QUESTION is my priority date is Feb'06(EB-2) but when i'am checking the processing times for Applications filed for 1-485 at TSC are now 17th June'06
My application receipt date is 06-27-2006 & Receipt date is 09-18-2006,so how does my application process?
does it need to like bothe priority date & processing date need to be same?
or as the priority date is current they process the GC irespective of the received date?
BELLA,ATTORNEY,SGUITAR,Please suggest.
Thanks in advance for your time

Not exactly, the processing date as displayed in the USCIS website indicates the receipt dates of the I-485 application. That's the day when USCIS received the application. However, during approval USCIS typically goes by the Priority Date ... of course there will be exceptions as not all cases are identical. During August 2008 the EB2 applicants from India with a priority date of Early 2004 have a good chance. All depends on the number of applicants before you and the number of visas available.

Hi Desi2007,
You have very correctly explained the real intention of this sudden VB movement and this is perfectly timed for the EAD renewals of all the people who filed 485 last year to stop them from getting 2 year EAD.

If that theory is correct, then they will retrogress the date back to 2004 in September or may be in October. That way they skipped all the 2 year EAD's.
I know I am being pessimistic and bringing down the joy but experience tells us that some one has advised them to make all the money possible from this fiasco.We just need to be realistic and not dreamers

When do they actually start sending the approvals?

For the retrogressed cases for which they already have the application, do they wait till 1st of the next month to start approving cases (since the visa bulletin is for August) or do they start sending the approval right away?

I think the theory of manuplating forward movement of date to avoid issuance 2 year EAD may not be correct.

One of my friend who filed in sept 2005/NIW-concurrent (India) got approved in July 2007 (VB date movement fiasco) because his name check was cleared at that time. However, although I filed NIW concurrent 15 days before him in sept 2005, my NC was pending. Because of pending NC USCIS did not give decision on my I 485 . My EB2/NIW date will be current in July 2008. I am expecting a decision this time as my NC has been pending for >2.5 years.

I think USCIS will process the I 485 if they have time and and give decision/approval starting first week of August. It will depend on how many visa numbers they have for use.

I am atleast hopeful. Of course any thing can happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theory

Yes, we have every possible reason to believe in this theroy. It may be just a trick to pump in more money.

The simple very basic question is, USCIS (most probably) knows how many applicants are pending in any given date range. With that number, how can they just abrupptly advance the date by 2.5 years.

Do they really have those many visa numbers to cover all those applicants?

But again I read somewhere that if you already paid $395 for EAD. You don't need to pay anymore for future EAD renewals.

PD May 31st

Hi ,
My PD is may 31st 2006,I-140 approved in august 2006
my 485 received date is july 2nd 2007
but when i check the status the automated voice is sayaing that the receipt date is 31st july. and what are my chances of approval in august.Can someone please clarify this.
Thankyou

The simple very basic question is, USCIS (most probably) knows how many applicants are pending in any given date range. With that number, how can they just abrupptly advance the date by 2.5 years.

USCIS doesn't set the priority dates, and most immigrant visa numbers are not used by USCIS.

This is crap.
Come on people ..Think of Eb3 tooo..

Once a category goes "U" then it's done for the fiscal year and there's no point getting your hopes up waiting for the Visa Bulletin every month until October. The only possible exception is if you have a very old priority date and DOS discovers a dozen or so unused numbers; they may set a priority date for September to get those used up.