August Filers Post Here

Hey August filers,

Just got an update on my i-765 - EAD Production ordered today. Finally I should get my work authorization within the next 7 days. Its been a long wait.

Thank u all for your advise and hope everything goes well for you I will update you when i get my EAD.

Hi AnnaHJ...

My case is pretty similar to yours. Same reason for RFE. I think because of RFE your case is getting delayed. I hope we both get EAD/AP soon.

Great! I feel a little bit better now I'm not the only one with an RFE, and still waiting. I asked the officer on the phone if that was the cause of the delay, but he couldn't really answer that question. He said the files are handled separately so an RFE on one document shouldn't influence the other applications, but you never know of course..

Also, the target date for them to give me more info on my EAD is almost over (still an hour left but I doubt they're working late on weekends) and I haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone else have experience with target dates? Is it normal for them not to respond on time? I'll probably give them a call on Monday, see what happened...

Cali-Process i-130 US citizen for spouse from mexico

HI.
History:Finally applied; Husband is not here on visa arrived in 2001. Why do i See people sending i-130 with 485?:rolleyes:
??.?.?? Finger print appt?

Last edited by a moderator:
HI.
History:Finally applied; Husband is not here on visa arrived in 2001. Why do i See people sending i-130 with 485?:rolleyes:
??.?.?? Finger print appt?

Because, as I understand it, you need i-485 to get the green card. You need to i-130 to be able to petition for i-485.

I changed my address and rcvd a letter from my center - Vermont that my case has been transferred to NBC which I presume is Nebraska. But when I check the Nebraska Center, they seem not to process 130's, so why would my case go there?:confused: Anybody knows?

AnnaHJ

Try infopass appointment.

I was thinking about that, but that would require me to go to the office and I can't find the time to do that the next couple of weeks.. So today I called again about my EAD, and they weren't as nice as last time: they told me to wait until 45 days have passed after my inquiry before calling again. So the target date that they're giving me didn't really mean anything then? :confused: Why do they give it in the first place?
After work I received a letter that they are working on it - better than nothing... Then just now, I opened my e-mail and saw some good news:
"Current Status: Card production ordered" Yay!! :)
So I'll just have to wait now for my AP but I bet it'll be soon (Although it's not even online yet)

To Jupiter07 - sorry, can't help you, I don't know why they would do that. I thought most cases were processed by MSC until they transfer to your local office, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Never mind!!! I didn't receive an e-mail update for my AP since it wasn't online before and I couldn't add it to my automatic update list, but I just checked the USCIS website and my AP is ordered as well!!! Great! It was about time... :)
To everyone else with their AP and EAD still pending: hang in there! I know it will be approved soon! Try calling as soon as it's due, that seemed to have helped in my case.

2nd EAD card production ordered

Hi Guys,

I received a second online update on my i765 application EAD card production ordered.

Received the first one on 12 Nov now just got another one today 17th Nov. Has anyone experienced this. I know it take about 10days to get the card after recieving this notification.

I was hoping to get it on the 24th of this month now its seems I'm not going to get it on the 29th.

Has anyone experienced this.

Thanks

I received my interview letter today. Interview date on Jan 21st.

Now that's a month before my planned trip with my husband. If my GC gets approved, will they keep the EAD and AP? What if the GC doesn't arrive before my planned trip?

Hi Guys,

I received a second online update on my i765 application EAD card production ordered.Received the first one on 12 Nov now just got another one today 17th Nov. Has anyone experienced this. I know it take about 10days to get the card after recieving this notification.I was hoping to get it on the 24th of this month now its seems I'm not going to get it on the 29th.Has anyone experienced this.Thanks

I had mine updated 3X with the same message before the card was sent.

What if the GC doesn't arrive before my planned trip?

The you're out of luck if you can't get a stamp. If you're approved at the interview, ask the IO if they can stamp your pp. If they say no, make an infopass appointment asap to ask for a stamp.

your GC should arrive within 3 weeks from the interview though if you're approved.

Whatever you do, don't leave with AP if they don't take it at the interview. If you're approved, your AP is voided (even if they don't take it from you)

I am getting tired of waiting the last few days lol..
seeing ppl from Sep and Oct even getting ILs..is kinda making me worried..
I called today and system was down unfotunately..
But once again, they tell you it is an individual thing and you must wait 90 days before you call..

The you're out of luck if you can't get a stamp. If you're approved at the interview, ask the IO if they can stamp your pp. If they say no, make an infopass appointment asap to ask for a stamp.

your GC should arrive within 3 weeks from the interview though if you're approved.

Whatever you do, don't leave with AP if they don't take it at the interview. If you're approved, your AP is voided (even if they don't take it from you)

Thanks woodenshoe, that advise is very helpful! that's why I am not very happy when I found out that the interview date is close to the flight. I can't afford to move that flight because I'll have to be home for my religious/traditional wedding and everything will be all set there =(

Never mind!!! I didn't receive an e-mail update for my AP since it wasn't online before and I couldn't add it to my automatic update list, but I just checked the USCIS website and my AP is ordered as well!!! Great! It was about time... :)
To everyone else with their AP and EAD still pending: hang in there! I know it will be approved soon! Try calling as soon as it's due, that seemed to have helped in my case.

Congrats AnnaHJ,

I remember how worried you were before. I am sure you must be relieved now.

Congrats imme! I think you're the first one in the August thread who got an IL. Good job!

Congrats to AnnaHJ, jupiter07, dasi485 on your EADs.

ProudPal, I bet you are next. Keep up the patience. We all know what that's like.

Take care all!