• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August 2018 Visa Bulletin

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
AFRICA 39,500

ASIA CURRENT

EUROPE 25,775

North America CURRENT

OCEANIA 1,450

SA & CARIBBEAN 1,715

1)Why is EU this year is so low? It wasn't this low since 2016. Any specific reason?
2)Also, do we already know about the possible trend for DV-2019?

Guys I am sorry that I created a duplicate of this thread because I saw the bulletin and then came to the forum and it didn't load any entries with the VB, then posted the VB thinking it was not there already and then refreshed and this thread was there 1 hour ago -.-, could you please delete my duplicate? Didn't do it out of bad will. :)

Guys I am sorry that I created a duplicate of this thread because I saw the bulletin and then came to the forum and it didn't load any entries with the VB, then posted the VB thinking it was not there already and then refreshed and this thread was there 1 hour ago -.-, could you please delete my duplicate? Didn't do it out of bad will. :)

No worries, your thread has already been locked up.

Am I correct that this is the first time since the very early days (first few years) of DV that a regression has happened?

Yeah this is the first time DV regression I’ve come across or late. I’ve observed regression in other categories especially F2, not DV.

Hello mom. What is your opinion in your experience this year DV 2018 , is the visa are going to run out in September same last year because over selection ?

A messy affair indeed. It will be interesting to see the outcome of CNs above AF39,500 which already got scheduled for interview before this retrogression.

With other visa categories that I’ve observed, when a regression happens, cases previously deemed current and where already scheduled for CP interview, or accepted by USCIS before the visa regression, where treated ‘as is’. Their processing continued as those cases where considered timely filed and accepted. I hope they do the same with DV cases.

A messy affair indeed. It will be interesting to see the outcome of CNs above AF39,500 which already got scheduled for interview before this retrogression.

With other visa categories that I’ve observed, when a regression happens, cases previously deemed current and where already scheduled for CP interview, or accepted by USCIS before the visa regression, where treated ‘as is’. Their processing continued as those cases where considered timely filed and accepted. I hope they do the same with DV cases.

Interesting. In my link I gave a link to the USCIS page on retrogression. I think the interviews could go ahead, but I fear they will put cases on AP waiting for a visa. However, because of sunsetting, they might treat DV cases differently. One scheduled person contacted KCC and was told her interview would go ahead - but as we know - we can't always expect precise accurate answers from them.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gr...vailability-priority-dates/visa-retrogression

Interesting. In my link I gave a link to the USCIS page on retrogression. I think the interviews could go ahead, but I fear they will put cases on AP waiting for a visa. However, because of sunsetting, they might treat DV cases differently. One scheduled person contacted KCC and was told her interview would go ahead - but as we know - we can't always expect precise accurate answers from them.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gr...vailability-priority-dates/visa-retrogression

Yeah, that’s right. Below quote from (your Link :)) is what they’ve used to handle such cases:

“How USCIS Processes Retrogressed Visas Cases
If, at the time of adjudication, an applicant’s priority date no longer meets the cut-off date published in the Visa Bulletin, due to retrogression, his or her case must be held in abeyance until a visa once again becomes available. If the adjudication of your Form I-485 will not require an in-person interview at a USCIS office, then your case will be held at the USCIS Service Center where you initially filed your application.”
This obviously can’t be applicable to DV cases due to sunset factor. So all we can do for now is “wait and see”

Reading through the comments on the blog - I’m wondering if it’s somehow an embassy capacity issue, in terms of all those already scheduled do still get interviews and visa numbers, and the cutoff is basically to deal with those embassies that have hit capacity? I’m not sure that makes sense or is fair but it would be interesting to see the embassies the >39500 have been scheduled at.

Incidentally, in that old link (now defunct - the dv-info one linked in some early posts here, where an individual was keeping spreadsheets with historical cutoffs) there were some in the very early years that showed retrogression. I had assumed that that had happened back then because the program was new and they were still figuring out response rates etc. the link unfortunately no longer works to check but if memory serves it happened a few times in the first 2 or 3 years of DV and not since...until now.

I’m not sure that makes sense or is fair but it would be interesting to see the embassies the >39500 have been scheduled at.

60% belongs to Algiers, Kenya, Morocoo and Cameroon. There're 22 other embassies that have less than 5 cases (mostly 1-2).

It's only 116 cases in total