Asylum GC and Citizenship

ind2k2

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I applied for Citizenship 5 years after getting GC thru asylum - I just want to know whether INS will deny citizenship cos I visted Homecountry two years after getting GC

Please advise many thanks!

Asylum GC Citizenship

Hello,

I applied for citizenship 5 years after getting GC through Asylum - Can INS deny citizenship cos I visted homecountry 2 years after I got GC.

Please advise, Many Thanks,

1-94

Hello:

Since you went back to your homecountry, would you please tell us if border officer claim that when you re-enter U.S.A?

they just issued you another I-94 when you re-enter? Did they ask any question about your trip back to your homecountry?

Appreciated your information!

Back to homecountry

Hi,Tim:

People with green card do not need I-94 anymore? thanks for your Inf.

I still want to know what happen when the person re-enter USA with Asylee green card after he\'s back to homecountry. Thanks!

interview

Hi, Tim:

I saw you filed your 485 Agu. 2000, I filed mine Nov,. 2000, do you get any interview notice? How many years do you think we still need wait? thanks a lot!

No Title

No. I haven\'t received anything except one receipt for my application. I don\'t think anybody knows when our applications will be processed. And I\'m certain nothing will happen in 2002.

Back to homecountry

The border office looked at my gc and passport and questioned why I visited homecountry - I replied family emergency and he looked at me and said your asylum can be questionable cos you visited homecountry with GC under asylum, I said nothing - he just stamped my passport and I am out of the airport.

No Title

My asylum lawyer is very good. I know when people asked her about if it\'s safe for GC holder through asylum to visit home country she told them better not to. It\'s kinda a gray area.

First of all a GC is a GC. By law there is no difference between a GC one gets through employment and a GC one gets through asylum. So visiting home country itself is not an act by which your GC can be revoked.

But the fact you do go visit home country can raise the question of the credibility of your initial asylum application. Your GC can be revoked if your application is regarded as fraudulent.

So I think the fact one visits home country after getting a GC through asylum will not automatically invalidate one\'s GC. But it\'s possible. I don\'t know in practice how rarely that happens.

No Title

Dorothy A. Harper
Attorney At Law
3345 Wilshire Bl.,Suite 802
Los Angeles, CA, 90010
(213)381-1011

back to home land

Dear Ind2k2:

thanks for your useful information.

Would you please post what happen after you get your citizitenship approved later. Appreciate!