Asylum decision review

Hi , everyone!

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy that I finally received the decision, but there is one issue I'd like to ask you, maybe someone had experienced the same thing.

So my decision arrived to me 3.5 years after the interview. It was an approval. But later I've checked the history of my case and I found out that according to case history - they received my case and waived the filing fee for my Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, take a deep breath - almost three and a half years ago literary 2 weeks after my interview was completed.

As I can understand my case was laying around on a shelf for a review. More than 3 years it's been waiting for a review.

My question - is it possible somehow to change the date of my granted asylum and make all these years counted but wasted.

Thank you in advance!

Hi , everyone!

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy that I finally received the decision, but there is one issue I'd like to ask you, maybe someone had experienced the same thing.

So my decision arrived to me 3.5 years after the interview. It was an approval. But later I've checked the history of my case and I found out that according to case history - they received my case and waived the filing fee for my Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, take a deep breath - almost three and a half years ago literary 2 weeks after my interview was completed.

As I can understand my case was laying around on a shelf for a review. More than 3 years it's been waiting for a review.

My question - is it possible somehow to change the date of my granted asylum and make all these years counted but wasted.

Thank you in advance!
0% chance! You approval date is the one you received in the mail! Don’t dream of counting back the 3 years

The same thing happened to me.
I received my approval dated July 2021 after almost 6 years of waiting. Like everyone, I received my approval with my A05 EAD card. What's funny or crazy is my A05 EAD card issued date is Oct 2019 and expires in Oct 2021. That's mean it going to expire 3 months after the approval letter.

And if you wondering, yes my case was assigned for approval in 2019 after two weeks from my interview. My case was laying around on a shelf for a review. For about 3 years it's been waiting for a review.
It's what it is, but I'm still happy and grateful for that.

The same thing happened to me.
I received my approval dated July 2021 after almost 6 years of waiting. Like everyone, I received my approval with my A05 EAD card. What's funny or crazy is my A05 EAD card issued date is Oct 2019 and expires in Oct 2021. That's mean it going to expire 3 months after the approval letter.

And if you wondering, yes my case was assigned for approval in 2019 after two weeks from my interview. My case was laying around on a shelf for a review. For about 3 years it's been waiting for a review.
It's what it is, but I'm still happy and grateful for that.
Glad to hear I'm not alone with this. My EAD is accurate comparing to yours. But we have almost the same awaiting time since approval.
But still this is a huge issue.
Did you try to contact them and ask about EAD? They should at least issue a new one.
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that we are at the same asylum office.
Who knows maybe there is a way. That was the reason I asked about it. No high hope, but again, it wouldn't hurt to ask and make sure that you wouldn't miss it

Hi , everyone!

Thank you in advance!
No harm in trying :)