Asylum case transfer to another state

Hello,

I applied for Asylum in June, 2013, I got notice to do finger prints, now waiting for interview date notice.

I moved to New Jersey (I applied in New York)

So if I notify USCIS they will transfer my case to New Jersey? (they have my PO Box address which is in NYC)

It makes process more complicated and takes longer?

Hello,

I applied for Asylum in June, 2013, I got notice to do finger prints, now waiting for interview date notice.

I moved to New Jersey (I applied in New York)

So if I notify USCIS they will transfer my case to New Jersey? (they have my PO Box address which is in NYC)

It makes process more complicated and takes longer?

Dear Journalist7,

According to asylum Manual and my lawyer told me that Section 265 of Immigration and Nationality act requires applicants to send in writing of any change of address within 10 days if you are in affirmative process and if your are in Immigration Court Proceedings you need to submit a Motion to Change Venue to the Immigration Judge and give your reasons for the transfer talk to your lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and tell you how to handle the situation.

You are moving to another state maybe with a different way of handling cases and with another backlog ,expect a delay in processing.