Asylum case!!!HELP WANTED!!!!!

Ashishonweb

My dad was taken the interview for asylum but when he returned to take the decision 15 days later,the officer told him that he would get his decision via the mail??????
HAS ANYONE CAME ACROSS THIS SITUATION?IF SO,LET ME KNOW WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILITIES.....
ALSO,I HAVE ALSO APPLIED FOR ASYLUM,WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF ME GETTING APPROVED....WILL MY DAD'S PENDING DECISION MIGHT EFFECT ME BEING ELIGIBLE?????
TONS OF THANKS....

Hi,

Just from personal experience I can tell you that having your decision mailed is pretty standard. I took the asylum interview with the officer and went there several times to find out if it was approved or not and they told me they would inform me by mail. It got approved. Same thing happened to other people I know. I don't think that this has anything to do with whether you will get asylum or not it just means that the officer has not finished reviewing it and they rather send it by regular mail. I waited about 2 months for the approval.
As to if it will affect you, I think it depends on whether or not your asylum applications are related. If you're case is related to your dad's, if your alleging the same type of fear, etc I think they'll check your dad's and then yours and it would probably affect each desicion. But if yours is separate, they will make an independent decision.
They can usually track down each applicant's immediate relatives so they must be aware that you both applied for it. If your cases are related they will compare for verisity and make a decision accordinly.
I wish you good luck on your application!

Thanks Camila@

By the way,My decision was approved right away.I now have the EAD card and also the Clean SS card.but what bothers me is about my Father's decision???It's already been like 10 months now that he is waiting for the decison but Everyday Disappointment.
by the way,he applied for the EAD card and it got approved and also now he has the SS card.I cann't understand what is Going on and also cannt tell how long is the Wait DECISION???

Sorry Camila!!!

Sorry Camila,I mistakenly happen to forget the password for my (ashishonweb) account but created the next account(sumankrdahal).hopefully u can understand that ashishonweb and sumankrdahal are same individual.
just to let u know....

Sumankrdahal said:
By the way,My decision was approved right away.I now have the EAD card and also the Clean SS card.but what bothers me is about my Father's decision???It's already been like 10 months now that he is waiting for the decison but Everyday Disappointment.
by the way,he applied for the EAD card and it got approved and also now he has the SS card.I cann't understand what is Going on and also cannt tell how long is the Wait DECISION???

Getting a EAD and SS means nothing, It only allows you to work and drive, but it may take years before the case can be approved. It took almost over 15 years from some one I know to even get an AP approved and you can imagine how long it will take to get LPR approved. Good luck to you and your Dad.

Thanks backspace!!!

Thanks Backspace for ur information.hopefully it wont take that long but u know till u die,the hope remains......anyways, i know the day will come in the near future that the letter frm DHS will fall as i open the mailbox and still praying for that day to come!!!!
Thanks again...

Sumankrdahal
I was just wondering if your dad's asylum case got a decision yet? what it was and do you konw why it was pending so long. I am in the same situation, was interviewed three monhts ago and still waiting for asylum decision. This is really frustrating and disappointing but what are you gonna do?

Sumankrdahal said:
Thanks Backspace for ur information.hopefully it wont take that long but u know till u die,the hope remains......anyways, i know the day will come in the near future that the letter frm DHS will fall as i open the mailbox and still praying for that day to come!!!!
Thanks again...