What would you do?

• What would you do?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What would you do?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ifly

I entered the US two years ago with an F1 visa. One year ago a civil war arose in my country and my father given his political affiliation was kidnapped and killed. I have struggled since then to pay for school and living cost. I just fall out of status (1 week ago) because I don't have enough money to pay for school. However, I am still holding my on campus job. I am scared to death to go back in my country. I am filing I-589 ( Asylum). I have a concern regarding the part in I-589 that ask for employment history because I am out of status and still working on campus. I can't afford to leave my job because I have nobody to help me financially in the US. Should I write on I-589 that I am still employ or write the date my status (F1 visa) was terminated as date of end of employment. Is there anyway for USCIS to figure out that I am working without authorization on campus through my social security and denied my asylum application on this ground. I am really depress.

Any advises or tips will do good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
if u r still enrolled in classes, then you are not out of status, if u r not enrolled then I think there is 3 months period to legally stay in usa. In this case u can continue working till that 3 month period,i think.As long as u have valid employment authorization.
But your school can cause some problem. It would not hurt you if you talk to your immigration advisor, may be u are not out of status yet in just one week, they wont hand u over to immigration believe me. Tell them u are applying for adylum and apply ad quickly as u can. Also even if you are caught by immigration you can tell your fear bavk home.they cannot deport u under law if u have fear, thry will send u to court. You would have chance to get assylum.
But above all, I would suggest, try to keep status and talk to advisor, there are always too many ways to keep status. If u are in status then u get one extra chance begore going to court, u can have intetview with immigration officer and they can gtant adsy like in my case. It took only 2 weeks.
Dont be scared talk to ur immigration advisor, even if u have dropped classes, believe me they will help u not hurt u. Also u can ask soms friend a little loan, you ate not gonna make too much money in little time working on campus. And apply as soon as u can. U can take new proofs/documents when they call u for intetview.
Good luck bro