Article on FBI name check

appan,

have u tried contacting NVC at 603-334-0700? on their AVM, it says if 6 weeks or more have passed, press'0' for operator. have u tried talking to someone over there?

i am guessing u meant G-28 wasnt filed in ur case, then u shud get the ds-3032. did ur address change since u filed 140? do u have a copy of ur 140 application and make sure the address u provided is current. they probably mailed ds-3032 to that address.

in either case, u shud be able to talk to someone at NVC and resolve this. i have and they r very nice ppl once u get them on the phone...the lines are too bz :(

praytx,

I called NVC and spoke to the operator over there.She said it is under administrative review.They can't give the exact time .they said they did'nt send the DS-3032 form to me. I checked the address also .I think they are doing some Name check.

My case was created on 7/22/2004. : :confused:

snm65 said:
To all, Has anyone applied for the FBI Name check and if so what reason have you given? Also what do you get?
From what I have heard, people just give "personal reasons" and especially NOT immigration reason.

But from the experience around us , it might be not of use ...

Alren,
So from your statement I take it that if we have to initiate a name check, it is only for one's own comfort and we cannot really USE the outcome. Correct?

snm65 said:
Alren,
So from your statement I take it that if we have to initiate a name check, it is only for one's own comfort and we cannot really USE the outcome. Correct?
Though I have not personally gone through it, it is the general experience around the forum. Even though you have the printed clearance, the consulate might still want to go though their own verification process.

I believe it is the interview process when consulate determines if FBI name check is necessary or not.
Ram_frm_RIC.

adminstrative processing since 8/19/04, still pending as of 2/13/05

My adminstrative processing start in NVC since 8/19/04, but still no reponse as of today 2/16/05.

Motown

Last edited by a moderator:
question about the duration of validity of FBI name check

Gurus,

I would appreciate answers to these questions.

I have heard that if a visa applicant has undergone a FBI name check, that is generally valid for 1 year. Is that true?

How much time does the FBI name check take in Islamabad, Pakistan for a case of Consular processed Green card?

I am awaiting for H1B approval notice (I-797). I have a valid stamp till 06/30/2005. If I go to Ottawa Canada in May 2005 to have a renewed H1B stamp based on the new I-797 and they perform a secuirity clearance. Will that FBI name check for H1B visa be valid when I appear for consular processing interview at Islamabad in August 2005 and thereby minimize the delays. (Note, since I will have a valid visa stamp I could always return to the US if it takes too long, only to return to the post after the clearance comes)

Does it help expedite if you have your FBI name check done from the US? I mean I have read on this forum that the consulate will not accept those results. But my question is if it will make the process any faster

Thank you for your help.

I am also going through this administrative processing. I am working in the US on H1. I had to go back to my home country Pakistan for the interview. The lady there told me that everything was ok in my application but I would have to go for additional name check. I had to come back to the US and am waiting for the last 4 months for this to be over. I will have to go once more there and I am not sure if this time too it will be over or not. So, if there is anyone from Muslim countries, I would advise aginst opting for CP now. This option is not feasible now. At the consulate, they were putting everyone to this.

motown said:
My adminstrative processing start in NVC since 8/19/04, but still no reponse as of today 2/16/05.

Motown

Just want to add followup to my case. My security check started 8/19/05, and cleared 3/18/05, according to an email from FBI. One of my friend in similar case also took about around 7 to 8 months.

Thanks all the help from you guys, good luck to you.

Motown,

Has your case been forwarded to the consulate. Let me know.
I am still under admin processing. NVC received my case on Dec 6, 2004. Have my fingers crossed.

Thanks
NVJ

NVJ said:
Motown,

Has your case been forwarded to the consulate. Let me know.
I am still under admin processing. NVC received my case on Dec 6, 2004. Have my fingers crossed.

Thanks
NVJ

Hello NVJ,

I decided to switch to I-485 in March since my company issue. So I would not go to cousulate any more.

I guess that name check is taking about around 6 to 8 months for Chinese. Since one of my friend got his name check approved in 7 months.

After NVC get your case, it may take a while to send to Consulate. You can check out the timeline in www.cptracker.com

Good luck to you,

Motown

Waiting for approval

Hi there!

I have submitted my I-485, November 2002. Have went through a very successful interview, March 2004. Still waiting for FBI name check. Is this a normal procedure!!Felling helpless, If anybody know what should I do next, please help me out.

Shafique,
Contact your congress man and senators and ask them to help you in expediting this process. It has worked for many of us.

Unfortunately many of the methods that used to work are pretty much useless nowadays. Back in 2005 a friend of mine was able to call FBI, spoke to an agent, and even got a call back when his name check was cleared. What a luxury. Although there are still a few ways left to contact the FBI and USCIS, they are only good for checking status and none seems to be able to expedite the process.

Shafique,
Contact your congress man and senators and ask them to help you in expediting this process. It has worked for many of us.

need help abt administrative review

hi
im an immigrant visa applicant through marriage to usc. im also under administrative review. pls inform me if you have any info what to do now . i had my interview on 17th jan 2007 at dhaka consular office.
im too much upset abt my case . pls let me know what to do next
looking for ur reply

thank you
QUOTE=appan;924065]praytx,

I called NVC and spoke to the operator over there.She said it is under administrative review.They can't give the exact time .they said they did'nt send the DS-3032 form to me. I checked the address also .I think they are doing some Name check.

My case was created on 7/22/2004. : :confused:[/QUOTE]