Article on FBI name check

Great article and quiet elaborate! I have reported this article to the moderator so that we can find a way to keep it at the top of the CP thread as a way for future candidates to understand the admin check process!

My case is under admin process, and it is comforting to know that there light at the end of the tunnel!

thanickel:

I am sorry to hear about the admin check for your case. But at the same time i am sure you will agree that as the day passes by that light at the end of the tunnel will seem to come closer and closer. KEep us updated on your case!

These are phone/fax numbers for name check (source: this group itself):

FBI name check # 202-324-2399 (phone),
# 202-324-3367 (fax).

gumbo said:
These are phone/fax numbers for name check (source: this group itself):

FBI name check # 202-324-2399 (phone),
# 202-324-3367 (fax).

Is this automated or you have to talk to somebody? What will it get?

alren:

It is not automated in the sense that you provide (by mail/ fax) all the necessary information plus a reason why you want to run a name check and expect a FBI check in 2-3 weeks!

Do I have to contact FBI for name check???

Folks,

Mine is a regular CP case and my understanding is that NVC does the name check for a regular CP case while the Consulate does the same for an AC140 case.

If this is true, then why do I see people here saying to contact FBI or send an application to FBI office for a name check?????

I am a little confused.

Can you please reply?? Is this something that I need to add to my list of "to Dos"??

Thanks.
S

Hurdles in CP interview - "Administrative Processing"

I'd like to bring attention of certain nationals on the hurdles you may get when going for consular processing interview. Regardless your current citizenship (Canadian or else), if you are born in certain countries (especially China, Russia, Israel...), the visa officer in the consulate has the discretion to conduct additional "Administrative Processing", and this usually includes "Visa Mantis" security screening and FBI name check.

This could occur especially your birth country is different than your citizenship country, since the security check done by NVC is based on your citizenship country, while the visa officer most likely focuses on your birth one.

When this happens, you will not be granted visa until the screening is completed w/o issues, and usually this takes 20 days if your name is not triggered in their database, and it could take 4-6 months if you have a common name with a lot of your compatriots.....

So make sure you have valid visa (to return back to US) before leaving for CP interview. And don't be surprised when this happens...

Good luck to all,
-hs

hi raju

My case was transfered to nvc.i checked with the nvc .they said it is under adminstrative processing ...

appan said:
hi raju

My case was transfered to nvc.i checked with the nvc .they said it is under adminstrative processing ...

{{{ There is nothing to be get scared any offical work about any individual's case is called administrative processing.
All they might be doing is either creating a fee bill for your or if you have made payment then they are getting ready to send you P3 or if the both the above steps are cleared then they might be sending your documents to the respective consulate}}}}

hi vm1214,

my case was created on 7/22/2004.still no changes in case.45 days passed..that is the reason for the worry

appan said:
hi vm1214,

my case was created on 7/22/2004.still no changes in case.45 days passed..that is the reason for the worry

{{It would be better if your lawyer do the follow up on the fee bill, it is over due by now }}}

can i ask my lawyer to follow up on the fee bill now?i think the lawyer did'nt file the Gs21 form

appan said:
hi raju

The administrative processing refrenced in this thread is not the same as what your issue might be.

To all, Has anyone applied for the FBI Name check and if so what reason have you given? Also what do you get?