Are EB3 greencards currently being processed?

Marco Jahn

Hello,
My wife has an H1B visa that is valid until October 2021. Her green card application was filed in May 2020, but the I140 status is still on "Case was received". The I765 and the I131 have the same status (both were filed in October 2020). Only the I485 and the I485J had a recent status change: both now have a status of "Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction". As far as I could find out, this means that these two items were returned to the Texas Service Center by NVC.

Are the EB3 green cards actually being processed now or were Biden's announcements just empty promises ? Our fear is that nothing will change until the expiration date of the H1B and my wife will have to go back to Germany temporarily. This would be bad not only because there is a lot of work to be done at her employer in the fall, but also because she would then have a problem with housing her pets.

One additional question. Is it possible to draw any conclusions about the progress of the other applications from the fact that there is progress on the I485/I485J?

There were no "Biden's announcements" on Adjustment of Status. Adjustment of Status cases have never stopped being accepted and processed.