AR11/EAD/Name Change - Please advise

nervewreck

Registered Users (C)
All,
1. We are moving to a new location (new job) very soon. So I will need to do a AR11 online.

2. Our EADs are up for renewal. They will expire end of September. So I will need to start putting the paperwork together to renew the EADs now.

3. My spouse has a name change. Her passport was renewed recently, and she switched her lastname.

Which is the best possible scenario to accommodate all these changes, as fluidly as possible without any unforeseen worries? :confused:

Your input is appreciated.

I think you should first Renew EAD..and then change address online.It's better to apply with in 90 days of EAD expiration..if you are using EAD for Work.

I am not using EAD for work, but my wife does. Renewing it before the address change, wouldn't that cause confusion, in the sense, if the sequence is not proper, then we might have the risk of getting the renewed EAD shipped to the old address and there by losing it.

Not sure which process would be clean...

All,
FYI...
I have consulted an attorney and they suggested to do the address change first. Then wait for a week to give enough time for all the records to get updated, and then proceed with doing the EAD renewal at the appropriate service center of the new location. Apparently this is the clearest way to do it.

As for the name change, a copy of the Marriage certificate, old and new passport copies would apparently be sufficient to get the job done.

Thanks for your input. Hope this info helps for anyone who falls into similar predicament in the future.

All,
FYI...
I have consulted an attorney and they suggested to do the address change first. Then wait for a week to give enough time for all the records to get updated, and then proceed with doing the EAD renewal at the appropriate service center of the new location. Apparently this is the clearest way to do it.

As for the name change, a copy of the Marriage certificate, old and new passport copies would apparently be sufficient to get the job done.

Thanks for your input. Hope this info helps for anyone who falls into similar predicament in the future.

AR-11 and EAD are two different animals. I would be only concerned about missing the EAD because of address change. Other then that it does not matter.

Give the proper address on EAD application to receive it.

When doing AR 11 address change, I understand that we can include the 'pending' case numbers to get the new address reflected on those pending cases.

My spouse is a derivative on my pending 485. She has a separate Case number on her receipt.

Will I be able to include her case number on the AR11 that I do? Or should I do a seperate AR11 form for her as well ?

When doing AR 11 address change, I understand that we can include the 'pending' case numbers to get the new address reflected on those pending cases.

My spouse is a derivative on my pending 485. She has a separate Case number on her receipt.

Will I be able to include her case number on the AR11 that I do? Or should I do a seperate AR11 form for her as well ?

Seperate AR11 form for each applicant is required.

Last edited by a moderator: