April 2010 filers, please post here.

Dkmar don't worry it will come so long that u have been approved but have u gotten any updates?

Last edited by a moderator:
We had out interview today. It was fairly straight forward. After seeing mine and my mom's id he asked 7-8 questions from I-485 and then said he will approve the case today and order the card. By the time I got home I already had an email saying card has been ordered.

I see that people get the email confirmation with in few days of approval, bt mine is now more than 2 weeks and no confirmation, mail or letter.

Got my Green card today and i want to use this opportunity to thank each and every one of you on this forum you guys are wonderful,i got all my info from here so once again thank you all.For those still expecting i pray God to favour you all.

My case took 4 months:
Does Card Production Ordered means im approved for i485??

3/12 Mailed the AOS package
3/12 Package received
3/22 NOA receipt dates for i485,i130 and i1765
3/26 Received receipts
4/02 i765 and i130 touched
4/26 received biometric appt for 5/21
5/21 Done biometrics
5/21 Card production ordered for i765
5/21 i485 and i765 touched
5/24 i485 and i765 touched
5/26 Second Card production ordered
5/27 i765 touched
6/1 Approval notice sent for i765
6/4 Received EAD
6/8 Received IL for 7/15
7/15 Interview Done pending Further Review
7/16 Card Production Ordered
7/19 i130 and i485 touched

Went to the interview yesterday. Nice gentleman. Asked a few questions and approved things...he stamped a "temporary green card" in my passport.
Thanks everybody for the help.

We received the green card on Friday July 30th.

Thanks all for your valuable input. There are very knowledgeable and helpful people on this site.

Finally recd the 485 Approved letter. Is this same as welcome letter?

Dallas,TX
Sent application on 04/03
Application Recd Dt 04/05
Check cashed 04/14
Notice Dt : 04/13
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17
Recd FP Notice X2 on 05/06 for 05/27 ( for I485 and I 765)
Recd IL for July 1st - Done
Awaiting for card (IO said it will arrive in 3 weeks)

Received Green card on 5th Aug . Thanks a lot everyone for your help

Dallas,TX
Sent application on 04/03
Application Recd Dt 04/05
Check cashed 04/14
Notice Dt : 04/13
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17
Recd FP Notice X2 on 05/06 for 05/27 ( for I485 and I 765)
Recd IL for July 1st - Done
Recd Welcome letter : 07/28
Recd card : 08/05

We had out interview today. It was fairly straight forward. After seeing mine and my mom's id he asked 7-8 questions from I-485 and then said he will approve the case today and order the card. By the time I got home I already had an email saying card has been ordered.

Hi,
Do you mind sharing interview experience for your mom viz., what they asked during interview? My mother-in-law(wife filed for her GC) will have her interview on 9/9/2010@Newark. Her I-130 is already approved and she is a March filer.

Hi Everyone,
It looks like all the April filers got their GC already! I'm still waiting, have second interview on Sept 29th as USICS wants more proof of legal entry besides the FIOA papers we have. We are applying for AOS for my husband who is originally from Mexico and came legally into the U.S. with a passport/green card but it was lost during moving. The FOIA found 2 pages of info on my husband including his passport number but USICS wants us to prove more which we don't have. We've been married 5 years so we wouldn't have conditions (one good thing).

Let me post my time line:
04/18/10 Sent packet and money orders off
04/22/10 Receipt for Mo's for I-765,I-485,I-130
05/25/10 Biometrics done
07/06/10 Got EAD card in the mail
07/20/10 I-130 petition approved
07/20/10 Interview for I-485 in Harlingen,Texas
09/29/10 USCIS requesting 2nd interview to "prove legal entry besides the FOIA papers"

That's a little strange that you haven't recieved anything since May? Are you sure your mail isn't going over to your previous address? Did you do an AOS here in the U.S.? or abroad? I would go into your local USCIS office and see what's up. Are you applying for EAD as well for your spouse?
Alas some of us April folks (ahem, me) are waiting abroad with our spouse.... Still not a peep from the USCIS California.

Any april filers who r doing cp for parents,still waiting for i130 approval from csc?
What shud i do?

Hopefully your case is in the "late April" applications! Can you two travel to the U.S. with what you have? Have you talked to any USCIS officers? Don't be scared as you are doing everything legal.

I'm checking the case status regularly with the online inquiry tool, and still shows it's in the "Initial Review" stage.

We're adjusting her status while waiting abroad in Peru. Back when we filed the USCIS Cali was processing in around 100 days, but this chart (left, second from the top) shows that they've been slipping and slipping to the point where, as of today, they might only be processing late-April applications. :confused:

What is a cp? You filed an I-130 back in April? You should have received something by now. Did you get a receipt for the I-130? What does the web site say about your parents case? I've noticed some countries take a long time to review, what country do they live in?
Any April filers who r doing cp for parents,still waiting for i130 approval from csc?
What shud i do?

What is a cp? You filed an I-130 back in April? You should have received something by now. Did you get a receipt for the I-130? What does the web site say about your parents case? I've noticed some countries take a long time to review, what country do they live in?

Finally got approval last night..got text and email.whats the quickest way to get done with 3032? If parents r in india?