April 2010 filers, please post here.

Dallas,TX
Sent application on 04/03
Application Recd Dt 04/05
Check cashed 04/14
Notice Dt : 04/13
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17
Recd FP Notice X2 on 05/06 for 05/27 ( for I485 and I 765)
FP Done now waiting for IL

Hey guys I recently registered to this forum. I Filed in April when my dad became a US citizen in March. he had already filed for me when he was a resident in 07. my I130 was approved in sep. 09. I gathered all my paper work and sent it April 9th. I did my FP and got an RFE for I693 which they received and now waiting on my EAD and approval. is anyone Else's case similar to mine or was? I lost my I94 and didn't send one but did send a copy of my visa page and stamp of last entry in passport. would this be a problem? will they need an I94? will I be scheduled for an interview? also, how do i post my time line how everyone else has it?

Thanks

^^You should fill out form I-102 to get a replacement I-94 form. You will not be able to adjust your status without your I-94 form. You should be able to get that form in about a month, provided that USCIS still has it on the record.

GOT IL today
following are details
following are the details
04/12 sent to uscis chicag
04/14 received by uscis
04/19 emails received
04/20 checks cashed
04/22 Noa Received for 485, 130, 751 and 131\
Biometric on 05/21
ID on 07/02
I havent seen any update to online status...no emails..is this the same with others...

got EAD yesterday.

I have a question regarding travel with advanced parole. Last weak I received two identical copies of I-512L which allows for multiple entry and is valid for a year.
Can I travel anywhere I want, say, to a conference in Europe, even though on the original application I put travel in case of family emergency as the reason for applying for AP? Also, do I need to carry both copies of the I-512L with me? Thanks a lot.

got EAD yesterday.

I have a question regarding travel with advanced parole. Last weak I received two identical copies of I-512L which allows for multiple entry and is valid for a year.
Can I travel anywhere I want, say, to a conference in Europe, even though on the original application I put travel in case of family emergency as the reason for applying for AP? Also, do I need to carry both copies of the I-512L with me? Thanks a lot.

You can travel anywhere you want with your AP (you may need a visa depending on your nationality). You need only one I-512L but I always carried both with me just in case.

Dallas,TX
Check cashed 04/14
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17
Recd IL for July 1st

Dallas,TX
Check cashed 04/14
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17
Recd IL for July 1st

Congratulations!
I heard recently that if Spouse applied employee based green card in past which is currently pending for Visa numbers availability then sometimes IO may ask you to wait for him/her to review that file before take the decision on family based GC process file, it means that we may not get results immediately after the interview. Is that true?

Thanks, Yes there are some threads relating to this question in the forum about pending employers based GC if filed earlier.

Got the IL for 7/15.

What to expect at the interview? This GC application is for my mom.

How to prepare for the same?

Hey Guys.. I have my interview on July 12th. Does my Dad need to go with me? or can i just go by myself? my attorney will be going with me. what should I expect?

Hi y'all its been a wonderful experience being on this forum with you guys.I wanna say thank you for all the advice its worth a million and for those yet to have their interview done i pray that God grant them his favour Amen.
I was very sceptical having my interview experience posted immediately but nevertheless this is how it happened,my interview was scheduled on the 29th of june and we arrived early like an hour before our time.We were called in by the IO an elderly white man and looked like a no nonsense man as we walked into his office ,took the oath and we sat down.After the usual id stuff ie BC/DL/PPT/I94 then came the first bomb u came in 3 1/2yrs ago and got married after 2yrs why???I told him d reason and he said he wasnt satisfied with my answer i insisted i met my spouse long before then and we were courting b4 we got married,he said thats ok.Do you have anything else to support u r staying together,we gave him bank statement/card,bill/lease agreement/pictures,he was like is this all u got we said yes and he replied how come u have just a few when u have been married for 19months that we should have brought all we said we didnt know,thats when he said i should step outside he wants to ask my spouse some questions.he spent like 30mins with my wife and spent like 20 with me.He said i should step out again he wants to confirm some things with my wife again and spent another 15mins with her ,it turned out all the questions asked were the same answers.He called me in finally and said i cant believe u brought just a few of ur docs anyway we should go that we will get something in the mail once a decision is made,we thanked him and told hime byebye which he responded.The bottom line is he got tired after an hour plus with us and still didnt get anything to hold us to becos we are for real.He returned my ppt and took my i94.I was so scared and worried but to the glory of God i saw a light touch on my i485 the nxt day and today got an email<<<<<Card production ordered>>>>>I thank the almighty for his favours and pray same be extended to y'all still waiting Amen.......Thank u guys on this forum i learnt something being part of this forum and hope to be of help to someone from my experience,No attorney...........haha

Last edited by a moderator:
i filed for both parents on 4/28/10, FP was done sometime in May, we have received IL for 7/23 however we haven't received any EAD (i filed i-765 for both), is that unusual? any experience having IL prior to approval of EAD?

Can anyone please tell me little about interview process for parents? What type of questions IO may ask. I have applied for my mom's GC.

Dallas,TX
Check cashed 04/14
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17
Recd IL for July 1st - Done
Awaiting for card (IO said it will arrive in 3 weeks)

Can anyone please tell me little about interview process for parents? What type of questions IO may ask. I have applied for my mom's GC.

you may find helfpul info here, EDIT. i tried to post a link but im under 15post. search for this thread title Parents-interview-for-GC. under this forum.

Dallas,TX
Check cashed 04/14
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17
Recd IL for July 1st - Done
Awaiting for card (IO said it will arrive in 3 weeks)

have you received any approval with i-765? i applied for both my parents and they are being interviewed on July 22nd but no news about i-765s yet. thanks.