April 2010 filers, please post here.

Hi Everyone...am new to the thread..just added my signature..thanks!

Checked online and status is showing
as having been updated today for the I-485 and I-765.
We did early FP walk-in last Thursday and now waiting for our Interview
Letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD on 5/12... files "touched" I-130 & I-765

applied for expedited processing for the EAD card on 5-11-2010 via the phone.
Customer service said will receive confirmation in five days ..either approved or denied.
Chose option 1. Financial loss to self or company.
Online USCIS shows LUD on 5/12/2010 for both I-130 and I-765. :)
Fingers crossed on the expedite request:confused:

What is LUD?

Last Update Date(LUD) at online. When you register as customer at USCIS site to view the status of application, you could see date changes each time when application is touched by processing team i.e. application is inprocess.

Anyone else in our little group doing their I-130 w/o the I-485 -- not adjusting the status in the US while this is processing?

i am in the united states living with my wife who is filing for me. i do not see the may thread, but i filed on may 1, mailed it out on that day.

my signature has the rest but i receivd letter today, notice of action.
i will keep you updated, i hope it helps
we only filed the I-130 without the I-485 as my case might prove to be harder to deal with because of my a-2 status, and its out of status.
so one step at a time, i will try to keep you updated in this thread, or if a MAY thread opens up i will post there also.

good luck to all

***edit
the may thread is up, ill now post there
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312336-May-filers-Please-post-your-activities-here.

good luck!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We received Interview Letter today for June 24. Apparently it does matter if you did early walk-in biometrics. My wife was supposed to appear for fingerprints on May26. She got it done on May 11th instead and we received the interview letter on May 21.
We live in Chicago.

We received Interview Letter today for June 24. Apparently it does matter if you did early walk-in biometrics. My wife was supposed to appear for fingerprints on May26. She got it done on May 11th instead and we received the interview letter on May 21.
We live in Chicago.

Congrats & good luck Paulk!

We live in Chicago.

Wow, thanks for the tip. So you can just walk in any time after you receive the letter?

Some cases of April filers here have the quickest time frame I've seen. Does it depend on the office, or on whether you have an uncomplicated case, or is it true that USCIS is improving processing time?

Wow, thanks for the tip. So you can just walk in any time after you receive the letter?

Some cases of April filers here have the quickest time frame I've seen. Does it depend on the office, or on whether you have an uncomplicated case, or is it true that USCIS is improving processing time?

I'm not sure what you mean by "uncomplicated". Our case is not that easy. My wife was denied AOS back in 2006 because of 187 days of unauthorized stay between her F1 and her H4. Our lawyer argued that INS wrongfully denied her AOS because they issued her the H4 even though they knew about the 187 days. Later on, we came across INS internal memo proving that our attorney was correct and the INS should have approved her AOS. However we could no longer appeal. My wife was still eligible for consular processing but since there were no available immigrant visas at that time (and her 8 months pregnant ), we decided for her to stay and wait for me to become a US Citizen.
We will see how all this plays out. I’ve consulted with three attorneys and was assured by all of them that my wife will be granted AOS.
I also believe that interviews are scheduled based on local office workload and the process is automatic.

FP done yesterday; waiting on IL

following are the details
04/12 sent to uscis chicag
04/14 received by uscis
04/19 emails received
04/20 checks cashed
04/22 Noa Received for 485, 130, 751 and 131