Approved

vic_m

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 and my wife's I-485 were approved today. The bad part is that I missed the fun to sue my dear friends from USCIS and FBI (I was so excited to file WOM in 2 weeks). The good part is that I don't have to spend $350 for that.

I don't know how my name check was cleared. Recently I sent whole bunch of nice and nasty letters to USCIS, FBI, local congresswoman. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY REPLY.
Since I don't know what exactly helped to clear my name check or whether it was a simple coincidence I would like to give credits to all of them: CSC director Christina Poulos, FBI director Robert Mueller III, local congresswoman Ellen Tauscher, FBI disctrict office in San Francisco.

I would like to thank all the people from this forum for providing extremely valuable information and support.

EB-3, Ukraine
PD March 2002
I-458 RD Nov 2004

Congratulations vic_m. At last we are able to see some movements at CSC.
vic_m said:
My I-485 and my wife's I-485 were approved today. The bad part is that I missed the fun to sue my dear friends from USCIS and FBI (I was so excited to file WOM in 2 weeks). The good part is that I don't have to spend $350 for that.

I don't know how my name check was cleared. Recently I sent whole bunch of nice and nasty letters to USCIS, FBI, local congresswoman. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY REPLY.
Since I don't know what exactly helped to clear my name check or whether it was a simple coincidence I would like to give credits to all of them: CSC director Christina Poulos, FBI director Robert Mueller III, local congresswoman Ellen Tauscher, FBI disctrict office in San Francisco.

I would like to thank all the people from this forum for providing extremely valuable information and support.

EB-3, Ukraine
PD March 2002
I-458 RD Nov 2004

Can you tell me how to prepare WOM:

Can you tell me how to prepare WOM: My case is stuck in 4years and I am planning to sue the USCIS please advise what to do.

I am in Santa Ana LA. Please help me whome to contact and how to catch the lawyers.

SMyadam said:
Can you tell me how to prepare WOM: My case is stuck in 4years and I am planning to sue the USCIS please advise what to do.

I am in Santa Ana LA. Please help me whome to contact and how to catch the lawyers.

You have to decide if you want to file WOM yourself (pro se) or hire an attorney to represent you.
If you file pro se you need to:
1) find your district court
2) get pro se package from them (handbook, local rules etc)
3) create complaint according to the local rules and numerous examples (you can get them from this forum or from Pacer)
4) file complaint with your district court, get the case number, etc. Court will charge you $350 for filing and give you AUSA (assistant of US Attorney) contact information
5) send summonses to all the defendants with certified mail with return receipt
6) once you receive all return receipts send certificate of service back to the court
7) be ready to respond to different "motions" from AUSA: motion to dismiss, motion to remand back to USCIS etc
8) contact AUSA, ask if they work on your case. Most of them will contact USCIS and FBI upon receiving your summons to expedite pending name check. Even if they sound nice do not forget it's their job to defend USCIS and FBI.
9) if defendants don't have enough time to complete name check they will ask you to give them additional 30+ days or start giving you hard time with motions to dismiss your case
10) if you cannot come to an agreement with defendants judge will schedule hearing for your case; most people don't get to this point but it's not the end of the world for pro se filer; some decide to hire an attorney other decide to fight themselves; even when judge dismisses your case your name check might be already expedited

If you are not comfortable doing the procedures above by yourself hire an attorney to represent you from the very beginning. It will cost you from $2500 to $20000. I've heard Daniel Huang (http://www.danielimmigration.com) filed whole bunch of WOM cases in your area and he's charging reasonable fee.

Whatever approach you take you will need to show the court you have exhaused all the available administrative options: sent requests to USCIS, FBI, elected officials (senators or congressman), took infopass appointments, call 800 number, most WOM filers sent FOIPA request to FBI as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
vic_m said:

EB-3, Ukraine
PD March 2002
I-458 RD Nov 2004

Congratulations Vic,
I agree it is a lot of fun filing a WOM :D , but I tell ya it's a lot of blood, hardwork, tension, stress, etc. etc.
But in the end when you hear AUSA saying "Your case is approved, Can you drop your lawsuit now?" its totally worth it.
Enjoy your GC!

hate140delay said:
Congratulations Vic,
I agree it is a lot of fun filing a WOM :D , but I tell ya it's a lot of blood, hardwork, tension, stress, etc. etc.
But in the end when you hear AUSA saying "Your case is approved, Can you drop your lawsuit now?" its totally worth it.
Enjoy your GC!

You guys, who filed WOM, are almost like war heroes. I almost became one but my war ended before it started ;) Well, at least I don't have any wounds to heal :cool:
Thank you!

Thanks everyone!
Received plastic cards on 11/13 and 11/14.
Received both approval notices on 11/15.