PD 02/01/00
RD 09/04/01
ND 10/01/01

FP 08/23/02

RFE 01/07/03
RFE Details
1. Documentation about legal precence in US as H1B Experied
2. Current Employment Letter
3. Name Problem. My name was inconsistent between my birth certificate, Collage Degree, Passport and my application. Everything had different variations of my Name as it was abriviated. I had to go to Indian consulate New york and get my name changed to what I want it to be in future and changed my driving licence/passport/ssn card and got affidavits from parents and relatives, launched an ad in local US news paper under legal column and also in my home town in India (Launching AD was an Indian embassy requirement for Name Change) and submitted them to BCIS.

REF Received on 03/26/03
Approved Just now 04/11/03 at 12.00 AM
I checked at 8.00 Am EST and the message had not changed.

I wish to thank every one in this message board, Rupnet and Rajiv Kanna for all the information you guys have given me.

I need to find something new to do in my free time. All I did was go through this site and rupnet

Thanks and GOD BLESS USA
Ram

:D :D :D :D

Congratulations…!!

I had somewhat similar problem with my name, but I didn't get an RFE for any name inconsistency. RFE was only EVL & for secondary evidence for birth (I haven’t submitted original BC initially) and in son’s case, parent’s Marriage Certificate for the record. However the names were abbreviated on both BC & MC documents, my lawyer advised to submit 4 name affidavits saying these names are the same (2 from parents, a relative and a family friend) along with the original BC and marriage certificate.

I was very nervous because of the above and I feel much better seeing your case approved.

Congratulations Ram!! I have the same RD and ND as yours and still waiting.....
Are you still in Sidney ?