I-140 Apr 2001
Jun 2001 - Laid Off From the Current Job
Unemloyed for 3 weeks
July 2001 - Got New Job. Restarted the Labor
PD - Dec 2001
I-140 AD - Mar 2002
I-485 ND - Jun 2002
AC-21 Invoked - Jul 2003
I-485 Denied - Jan 2005 (Sponsoring Employer Revoked I-140)
MTR Filed - Feb 2005
EAD Denied - Jun 2005 (Unemployed for 2 months)
MTR Approved - Aug 2005
I-485 Opened - Aug 2005
EAD Approved - Aug 2005 (Valied Until Aug 2006)
EAD Approved May 2006 (Valied Until May 2007)
EAD Aprroved Feb 2007 (Valied Until - May 2008)
Biometrics (CODE 3) - 5/8/2007
Request Initiated - 6/5/2007
I-485 Approved - 6/6/2007

What a journey it might be for you .. from 1998 to 2007.

I wish you a very lucky and happy future.

Enjoy the Green Card ....

Got the Magic Emails Today for Both myself and my wife :-

EB3 - Pittsburgh, PA
PD - Dec 1998
I-140 Apr 2001
Unemloyed for 3 weeks
PD - Dec 2001
I-140 AD - Mar 2002
I-485 ND - Jun 2002
AC-21 Invoked - Jul 2003
MTR Filed - Feb 2005
MTR Approved - Aug 2005
I-485 Opened - Aug 2005

Question for you: When you created a service request, did they provide you with a number ? My dates of transfer and bio are the same as you and I did it in Pittsburgh as well. When I created a service request on June 1, they provided me with a number that ended in VSC even though my case was in TSC

Question for you: When you created a service request, did they provide you with a number ? My dates of transfer and bio are the same as you and I did it in Pittsburgh as well. When I created a service request on June 1, they provided me with a number that ended in VSC even though my case was in TSC

Yes. The number they provided me ended with VSC as well. I dont know where your case is in terms of Name Check etc, but my name check was done in 2004 itself and in 2005 when they opened my MTR, they said that they would have approved my case if VISA Numbers were available.

In short, I was only waiting for my dates to become current. Hope that helps.

Wow .... I am just 2 years behind your journey. I hope my journey won't take another 2 years.

Congrats!!!

I hope and wish that it does not. It is an agonising wait and I suggest that you be patient and just wait for your time.

Good Luck To You.

What a journey it might be for you .. from 1998 to 2007.

I wish you a very lucky and happy future.

Enjoy the Green Card ....

Thank You. It was a tough journey esp 2005 which was a very very rough year, hard to put in words here.

Congrats

Congratulations. Great

Looks like you have initiated a request on 06/05 & got the approval 06/06

Does that help? Please tell me

My priority date is June 2002

Congrats

Congratulations. Great

Looks like you have initiated a request on 06/05 & got the approval on 06/06

Does that help? Please tell me

My priority date is June 2002

It really depends on where your case is, I mean if your name check etc is done and your case is only waiting for Visa availability then yes It helps to initiate an enquiry. If you are still stuck in Name Check, I am not sure If it is going to be of much help.

But If I were you, I would initiate a service enquiry.

First of all Congrats to sanz72 ...so finally your battle is over...

I need your advice in my case .. Appreciated your reply....

I am in little confused situation....my 140 is approved.
I am planning to apply for AC21 after 180 days... I have already got my AP and EAD. I am still on H1 and wife on H4.

Wife is planning to travel to India before I apply for AC21 and she is coming back after i apply for AC21 and then after applying AC21 , I am also planning to visit India and we both will come back to usa...

so will there be any issue while coming back at the POE ?

Will there be issue like 485 Denied etc...?

I heared from couple of people on forum that they had some issues while entering at the POE....

congratulations sanz72.

I have one question regarding initiating service enqury. Did u call National service centre or u called using POJ method ? for initiating serivce enquiruy.

Also when I tried initiating service enquiry they said to me my case is been transferred to Texas in March 2007 and i cannot initoiate service enquiry untill next 6 months.
Please tell me how to successfully open a enquiry with USCIS.

thanks,

congratulations sanz72.

I have one question regarding initiating service enqury. Did u call National service centre or u called using POJ method ? for initiating serivce enquiruy.

Also when I tried initiating service enquiry they said to me my case is been transferred to Texas in March 2007 and i cannot initoiate service enquiry untill next 6 months.
Please tell me how to successfully open a enquiry with USCIS.

thanks,

Its how you ask the question. Tell 'em you are out of your processing dates and that will help create a service request. I

thanks nyte_crawler.

I will try one more time.
What is ahppening the stupid NSC is having some prob;lems with systems, thats why they transferred me to some IO. That IO was sitting in Los Angeles and he said he has mainframe machine and he cannot see all of my information. But he can surely not initate enquiry becuase my case was traansfeered 2 months back to TSC. I think all this problme ahppens becuase I reach IO. Instead f Customer rep open enquiry it should be fine.
I will try again .

thanks for your advice.

Congratulations Sanz72. I just want to know whether your case got transferred from VSC to TSC or not? If yes, when?

Got the Magic Emails Today for Both myself and my wife :-

EB3 - Pittsburgh, PA
PD - Dec 1998
I-140 Apr 2001
Unemloyed for 3 weeks
PD - Dec 2001
I-140 AD - Mar 2002
I-485 ND - Jun 2002
AC-21 Invoked - Jul 2003
MTR Filed - Feb 2005
MTR Approved - Aug 2005
I-485 Opened - Aug 2005

First of all Congrats to sanz72 ...so finally your battle is over...

I need your advice in my case .. Appreciated your reply....

I am in little confused situation....my 140 is approved.
I am planning to apply for AC21 after 180 days... I have already got my AP and EAD. I am still on H1 and wife on H4.

Wife is planning to travel to India before I apply for AC21 and she is coming back after i apply for AC21 and then after applying AC21 , I am also planning to visit India and we both will come back to usa...

so will there be any issue while coming back at the POE ?

Will there be issue like 485 Denied etc...?

I heared from couple of people on forum that they had some issues while entering at the POE....

I will Address the Travel issue first :-

We got our Advance Parole in July 2002, Since then I have travelled to India 3 times, my wife travelled 5 times, NO PROBLEMS at all, except that you are made to wait a little longer, which does cause some concern to some people, but IMO nothing to worry. Please keep in mind that when my 485 was denied, We were in India and entered the country 1 week after denial, we were still allowed to enter the country.

So I would say, No need to worry as far as Travelling on AP goes, It doesn't matter whether or not you have invoked AC-21, as long as her AP is valid, you are fine.

Now Invoking AC-21 :-

Do you have a copy of your approved I-140 ? If you dont and you cant get it from your employer, I wouldn't suggest invkoing AC-21, because that is the first document you will need in case of an I-485 denial.

How comfortable is your GC sponsoring Employer going to be with your decision to invoke AC-21 ?

If he is okay with you leaving his company for better opportunities then no Problems at all and you need not worry.

If he is going to Withdraw the Approved I-140 (Yes they can withdraw even an approved I-140) then there is a good chance that you will get an RFE for Employment Offer, there is a slight chance of I-485 Denial esp of the Officer assigned to you is negligent and ignores your AC-21 lntent. (which is why my case was denied).

If your case is indeed denied (which I hope and pray doesn't ), then it is a problem and you need to act fast. You also have to make sure that your lawyer is competent enough to handle this situation and both mentally as well skillwise. You may need to file your MTR, you lawyer will/should know the procedures.

Also if you are on EAD and your I-145 is denied, your employer may ask you to stop working even though your EAD is valid. In my case, my employer allowed me to work until the EAD expired. Although when me existing EAD expired and the application to RENEW my EAD was denied, I had to stop working and it took 2 months before my MTR was opened and a new EAD application had to be filed. Bottom Line - I was unemployed for 2 months, It could have been a lot longer, had my employer not allowed me to work on Existing EAD.

To avoid this kind of situation - I STRONGLY recommend that, if you are going to invoke AC-21, continue to maintain your H1 status, which means that ask your new employer to transfer the H1. If the new employer doesn't want to do it, find someone who wants to do it. It is a safer option.

Safest option is ofcourse to continue with your present employer, Which is very hard sometimes. In the end you have to make a decision, Please let me know if you have any doubts.

FYI - Please note that - I invoked AC-21 twice, once in July 2003 and again in March 2007.

Thanks sanz72 for detailed response.... this has definately given me some good directions........

Mine was labor Substitute case and I do have approved 140 notice and labor copy.

Well nothing wrong with current employer only thing is I am getting Full time opportunity with the client. But he is asking me to join using my EAD.

Me and my wife will return together from India in Dec... and I am planning to apply for AC21 in Sept first week.

So I was thinking will there be any issues ..........

thanks again..........