Approved! I-485 filed Dec. 2002

toners

Registered Users (C)
Finally, my Green Card has been approved! I got the email last night (Feb. 15th)

Details:

VSC
I-485 ND Dec 2002
2 EADs and 1 AP

FP-1: Jan 2003
FP-2: July 2004

Confirmed with FBI that FP-2 results were returned to VSC on July 29th 2004.
Sent FBI request for name check results on Oct 27th 2004 - never got a response.

Contacted Congressman's office end of Nov 2004. Was informed by mail on Dec 7 that name check had been submitted in Oct 2004. I applied for a new EAD at the end of Sept so I think this may have triggered the name check request which had obviously been overlooked up to this point.

Sent expedite request to VSC Jan 2005. Received response that due to manpower shortages applications are delayed, etc.

Congressman's office sent mail mid-January that name check was complete, my case was with an adjudicating officer and should hear in 30 to 60 days.

February 15th 2005 - Approved!

I'm not sure if contacting my Congressman's office was of any help in speeding up the case but they were certainly able to give me more information than I could get through the normal channels.

Toners ,

Congratulations . It is nice to say good bye to oldies .

Let me know when you receive the approval notice . I believe your attonrey will get it . And you will get it from him/her .

I am planning to take a trip to India some time in the end of March . I am doing all kinds of math worrying about my case .

Please keep us posted about your progress .

Thanks mysunny007, it was definitely a long and frustrating wait! Since your name check has been completed I hope you will have a speedy resolution to your case.

I am actually planning a trip to Ireland at the end of February so I had already booked an InfoPass appointment once I heard about my name check being cleared and that I should hear a decision within 30 to 60 days. I wanted to be sure that if I was approved before I departed that I could get my passport stamped. Fortunately, I now have an appointment the day before I leave.

Toners, congrats. Could you please give the name of your congressman and the state you live in?

toners said:
Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen, State is NJ. To find your local Congress Representative, go here: http://www.house.gov

toners, congratulations!!!

And this website is very useful. I have to do something too. My 485 was filed in Sept. 2002. Nothing happened since then.

Did you write or call your congressman? Did you ask him to check for you the FBI name check status or INS status?

Thanks.

Congratulations! Many Dec 2002 filers and/or FP2 done from July are getting approval now a days. Backlog Elemination?