Approved I-140 still shows pending on USCIS website

dhirendra_sh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My FUTURE employer filed my I-140 using Labor Substitution in Dec/2006.Lawyer got the approval notice in March/2007.

But on USCIS, to this date, it shows up as pending .

What should i do ?

Do not worry

Do not worry about what they say on the website. If you have the written approval from them you are okay. They are typically very slow to change the website information.

Relax, sometimes it takes a while to update the status on the web. I wouldn't worry about it if I get the approval notice. FYI - my EAD got approved while the online status still shows pending.

I am in the same boat. I got my I-140 approval notice in October but online status says its pending.

Hi,

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

I have been getting the above message when I try to get a case status online for my I-140.

I filed concurrently for I-140, I-485 with EAD and AP on Aug 15th at TSC (EB3) and received receipt notices on 10/14/07 for all of the above applications. I also can get case status online successfully for the other 3 applications.

My attorney contacted USCIS (as they said that I cannot inquire on the I-140 and that it can only be the employer or the attorney) and they (USCIS) said they can see my case on their system but don't know why I cannot.

Is anybody in the same boat as I am? Should I be worried that I cannot get online status even after 8 weeks from the time the reciept notices were issued? Any advice/input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi,

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

I have been getting the above message when I try to get a case status online for my I-140.

I filed concurrently for I-140, I-485 with EAD and AP on Aug 15th at TSC (EB3) and received receipt notices on 10/14/07 for all of the above applications. I also can get case status online successfully for the other 3 applications.

My attorney contacted USCIS (as they said that I cannot inquire on the I-140 and that it can only be the employer or the attorney) and they (USCIS) said they can see my case on their system but don't know why I cannot.

Is anybody in the same boat as I am? Should I be worried that I cannot get online status even after 8 weeks from the time the reciept notices were issued? Any advice/input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I am ..As a matter of fact , last month, Feb 20 , I had my attorney calling USCIS and the IO told him that it would be fixed and to call in 30 days in case it does not get fixed.
Everyday I try and does not work. My attorney is calling tomorrow to see if they can fix at this time. Will keep you posted..zzzzzzzzzz

I am ..As a matter of fact , last month, Feb 20 , I had my attorney calling USCIS and the IO told him that it would be fixed and to call in 30 days in case it does not get fixed.
Everyday I try and does not work. My attorney is calling tomorrow to see if they can fix at this time. Will keep you posted..zzzzzzzzzz

WannamyGC,

did this error get fixed. Mine still does not work after several phone calls to uscis and my I140 is still pending.

Thanks.

I-140

Hi Friend Sunn1000,

I got the same issue earlier, check with your employer as well as ur attorney regarding this case. Do you have the receipt number for I-140 case. I think USCIS received your application, may be they didn't enter your I-10 receipt information to the USCIS system. I got the same problem,Do you have the I-140 Receipt copy? if you have it send the I-140 receipt copy to your attorney and ask them like i have receipt number i could not find in the uscis site.they will send G-28 form or some other form to uscis, then only your receipt number will display in the system.

GoodLuck for your Case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Friend Sunn1000,

I got the same issue earlier, check with your employer as well as ur attorney regarding this case. Do you have the receipt number for I-140 case. I think USCIS received your application, may be they didn't enter your I-10 receipt information to the USCIS system. I got the same problem,Do you have the I-140 Receipt copy? if you have it send the I-140 receipt copy to your attorney and ask them like i have receipt number i could not find in the uscis site.they will send G-28 form or some other form to uscis, then only your receipt number will display in the system.

GoodLuck for your Case.

mprit1,

thanks much for your reply. I have the receipt number. my attorney called them a few times with no luck.

congrats on your I-140 approval.

Is there any way to make USCIS change the status to reflect actual status.

My status is same for over 2 years now.
My case is perhaps approved too but I am not sure.Employer is not cooperating with this.

Any other options?

I have I-140 with Approval Notice since March 2009 but status is still showing pending.

I have spoken to my employer and also called USCIS. USCIS did not give any information they only told me that as long as you have approval notice then you don't need to worry.

Does anyone has this kind of scenario which says online status as Initial Review and Pending even though I-140 is approved for more than 2 years?

If status doesn't change then would it be necessary to get it changed or approval notice will be sufficient enough when 485 needs to file? would it create any problem during future processing if status is not updated on online?

I had a query in 140 but it was resolved and i have all documents.

Please give some inputs. I'm really worried about it.

Thanks in advance.

Got I 140 approval, waiting for I-485 too long -- is that in issue (EB1)

Hello everyone,

My EB1 documents were submitted by my org and I have got my I-140 approval 4 weeks ago. other colleague who submitted along with me got his green card.
I am not sure if there is something that is holding back or if i am missing anything.

There was a delay in getting my I-140 approved too and now i am getting worried.

Any help or info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
RK