Approved H1B resumed and RFE under processing

cm3pawan

Hi,
My H1B was approved by USCIS in April 2008 when I was on OPT status and I received my 1-797A in the April stating that it is valid from Oct 2008 to Nov 2011. But in the month of December they resumed my case and requested RFE for all possible documents from my employer for which my employer responded and USCIS updated the status saying " On December 31, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date" But I have not received any update after that till date which is over 75 days.

I need to visit India immediately in a month and have to go to Chennai Consulate for VISA stamping.

I need your advice/suggestion for If I can take chances to get stamping from Chennai Consulate with a pending RFE processing? or Please let me know if I can/need to take any additional supporting documents/precautions?

The update on this is the case has been denied. Please advice on how can I maintain my legal working status. Is motion to reopen an option to choose at this time or please let me know about any possible alternatives

Thanks in advance !