Approved after interview 245i case

Enkur

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

After a long 3.5 years I finally got approved on Monday after interview.

Went into Chula Vista office (San Diego) with the appointment letter at 8:15am. Officer called us in literally 1 minute later. We didnt even had a chance to go sit in our chairs. Went to his office .. he sweared us in. He went over some of the questions on the application, like verified address, date of birth, and other biographical information. He then asked the questions on the application like any criminal record etc etc. Asked what documents we have brought. I had my employer letter which was not the sponsoring one... he didnt say anything just took it. Asked for check stubs which i gave him. asked for copy of my marriage certificate, my wife was with me at the time. He also asked to see original of my birth certificate. He didnt even ask for my iEAD which I had lost a week ago. He then asked for my passport then verified some information in it then said I am going to stamp my passport and it will be valid for 1 year and I will get the green card in mail in 1-2 months. That was it and just made a joke about I can travel anywhere but my home country :)
we were out in less than 3 minutes.

Interestingly we were headed back home and he called my on my cell phone and said that I need your wife's birth certificate, naturalization certificate and passport copy for my file. He gave me a fax number to fax it at. I sent it all to him and then he called me and left me a voice mail that he got all the papers.

Finally the shadow has been lifted.
Thank you all for your advice and experiences.

question on plastic card

thanks all.

ok so my case was transferred to local office and now approved... so will the uscis case status change to approved and then will I be able to track my plastic card or just have to wait till it arrives.

ok so my case status got updated today... got 2 emails on it

Receipt Number: WAC0226354xxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

So it looks like the USCIS updates their system after local office completes the interview and approves the application.

what is 245(i)?

Enkur,
what is 245(i)?
Would you let me know
whether 245(i) is same as AC21 or is it different?

Thanks