Approvals of RTD...

I do not know about the Caribbean or Mexico but you can go to Canada without a passport or a travel document. You only need a green card.

And Canada is a very fun vacation spot.

Yeah, I wanted to go on a cruise to the Bahamas, but they require a travel document. GC is not enough. Same with DR.

I'm frustrated. I applied to renew my RTD on March 23, and its now nearly nine months later and no RTD. That's nearly 8 months!! What are they doing with all that extra money they're charging us?!

I havent seen members posting on this thread so I thought I should give you an update of my RTD application hopefully others will post their experiences.
After waiting for over four months I followed members suggestion of requesting expedite processing and sent them a request on the 6th this month. Since then nothing happened and so i contacted my senate who said she will make an enquiry on Monday and on the same day I also faxed another note as a follow up of my earlier request to NSC where its pending.
So on the 27th and 28th the LUD changed but the same message remains ---we received your form I-131 on June 20th and sent you bla blah blah and so the long wait still continues and mark you my trip is on the 10th a week away:confused:!!!!

I'm thinking to apply for RTD, but I don't think is going to help either.
maybe I should wait for my citizenship instead.

my experience last year was really fast not even a month, I got my RTD.
Also a year before within 2 months I got my RTD

Is it possible that they're experiencing a backlog because people are renewing their RTD and RP just to beat the fee increase?

I just send my application for RP this week. I hope they'll get better next year after they approved all the people that rushed to beat the fee increase.

Oh well. They approved my wife I-485 in 3 months, mine in 11 months. So I'm not complaining ..... yet!!!!! :D

It took me 5 years to get my GC in hand. Do you know if I can use RP go to Singapore? I meant do they know RP kind a like passport?

I went to singapore with RTD never had problem but not sure about RP

Is it possible that they're experiencing a backlog because people are renewing their RTD and RP just to beat the fee increase?

I just send my application for RP this week. I hope they'll get better next year after they approved all the people that rushed to beat the fee increase.

Oh well. They approved my wife I-485 in 3 months, mine in 11 months. So I'm not complaining ..... yet!!!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator: