Approvals of RTD...

Does Re-entry permit take as long

Is there a difference in the time it takes to process the RP vs the RTD? I have RP and if it takes 6 months to process I need to start now to apply for a new one as mine expires early 2008. When I applied for it in 2006 it only took 3 weeks to get to me.

Hismercy,
I dont think there is any difference at least not on the processing times page. It shows the same processing times at the NSC.
So if I were you I would apply earlier than later.
Good luck.

get expedited one

Is there a difference in the time it takes to process the RP vs the RTD? I have RP and if it takes 6 months to process I need to start now to apply for a new one as mine expires early 2008. When I applied for it in 2006 it only took 3 weeks to get to me.

it takes only 3 weeks to get expedited RP

it takes only 3 weeks to get expedited RP

Not in these months... I applied on August 28th 2007, requested expedite service... NSC granted expedite processing and sent me a letter saying that in Sept 5th 2007 my application was placed on expedite processing...but as of today... nothing... it has been 4 weeks already...

I called NSC several times but I always get the customer service people... who are USELESS... I have also faxed a few inquires... they replied me back saying that I need to give them a few more weeks...that they have a big backlog in expedite RTD and RPs...

I guess the fee increase and the hiring of new personnel are not doing any good...

Last edited by a moderator:
did your LUD changed?

Not in these months... I applied on August 28th 2007, requested expedite service... NSC granted expedite processing and sent me a letter saying that in Sept 5th 2007 my application was placed on expedite processing...but as of today... nothing... it has been 4 weeks already...

I called NSC several times but I always get the customer service people... who are USELESS... I have also faxed a few inquires... they replied me back saying that I need to give them a few more weeks...that they have a big backlog in expedite RTD and RPs...

I guess the fee increase and the hiring of new personnel are not doing any good...

if it has changed, this mean you are approved,

i applied for RP on june 30, my LUD was changed on july 16, july 17,
on july 18 i received my RP second day mail,

i did not get any email regarding the approval, the online status did not show anything

there should be a new lawsuit filed against the USCIS for breaking their promise in processing immigration applications, particularly asylee and refugee ON TIME.
They increased the fees like crazy, doubled the fees and they previously agreed to process applications sooner and on time when the NGAWANYA/USDOJ lawsuit was settled.

Now after the huge increase in fees, they are slow in processing RTDs and I-485 applications.
they said I-485 or green card applications by asylees wil be proccesed within 6 months of reciept after April 2007 but it's taking a year or more to process that and they show such timeline in thier own processing times on uscis.com
So either they should reciend the fee increase or there should be orderly and timely processings.

I have had 3 luds on my rtd application case status online.

my notice date for rtd is April 30, 2007. I had an lud 5/3 and then nothing until 10/11, 10/12 and 10/15. That is a bunch of luds in the past few days. But the message still says case received and pending. I was not e-mailed when all these updates happened. Let's hope I will get it soon. It will be six months since I applied for rtd by Halloween. Way too long!:eek:

Any updates on Rtd for anyone?

What is the status of everyone's rtd application . Let's keep this post alive.

What is the status of everyone's rtd application . Let's keep this post alive.

RD June 22nd No nothing grhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!:mad:.
I thought you should have got yours or it should be around the corner!
Their Processing date is already mid May.

I got my rtd today...finally...it took almost 6 months

So my attorney called me today saying that she received my rtd:D. It was issued last week I'm assuming. My nd was April 30 and I had 3 luds online. The last one was October , 15. The funny thing today is that I checked the case status online and it still says case received and pending. :rolleyes:

nd and lud

nd is notice date. The notice date is written on your I-797 and it is the date that uscis has sent you a notice(I-797) acknowledging that fact and is already in their system. Lud is pretty much case status updates online on your case, luds sometimes change, sometimes not at all. My case for rtd is still pending eventhough I just received my rtd. So , go figure.

Hi,
is anyone out there getting their documents at all or these people have gone on a long vacation?:mad:
I sent my expedite request today since I havent heard anything from them since I applied in June and my already planned trip is in mid-December I really hope they will do some help.
Forum, lets keep in touch to know whats happening among us thanks.

Hi,
is anyone out there getting their documents at all or these people have gone on a long vacation?:mad:
I sent my expedite request today since I havent heard anything from them since I applied in June and my already planned trip is in mid-December I really hope they will do some help.
Forum, lets keep in touch to know whats happening among us thanks.

As of Oct. 15, they were processing applications received on or before May 7, 2007, so you are still within the processing timeframe. When is your receipt date? So my recommendation is also to keep track of their processing times and, if the regular processing time does not meet your expectations, send them the expedited request.

OMG. I applied for my RTD March 23 and I still don't have it in hand. To be fair, they sent me a notice via mail in mid-September, asking for a new set of photos, which I promptly sent back. I too have an international trip scheduled for Dec. 21. It will be a huge inconvenience, to say the least, if I don't get my RTD by then. The last LUD was from Oct. 23 saying they received my request for additional evidence and that case processing has resumed. Lets hope that means they're actually printing my RTD right now :)

As of Oct. 15, they were processing applications received on or before May 7, 2007, so you are still within the processing timeframe. When is your receipt date? So my recommendation is also to keep track of their processing times and, if the regular processing time does not meet your expectations, send them the expedited request.

Thanks Vdostoi1,
my RD is June 20th and when I initially applied [back in June] their processing date was sometimes April so in a time flame of over FOUR FULL MONTHS thier processing date has only crawled just a month, unbeliavable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Been waiting for mine since August.
Don't have any plans to travel anytime soon but it would be nice to have it ready. With what I hear, I can go on a cruise with just my GC.

Been waiting for mine since August.
Don't have any plans to travel anytime soon but it would be nice to have it ready. With what I hear, I can go on a cruise with just my GC.

Cruise to where? You only need a GC to get back into the country. So if the countries to which you are going do not require a travel document then you are fine.

Cruise to where? You only need a GC to get back into the country. So if the countries to which you are going do not require a travel document then you are fine.

Exactly. To even go to the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Mexico, you cannot go there without a passport/travel document.

Exactly. To even go to the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Mexico, you cannot go there without a passport/travel document.

I do not know about the Caribbean or Mexico but you can go to Canada without a passport or a travel document. You only need a green card.

And Canada is a very fun vacation spot.