Approval!!

SydneyRacquelle

Registered Users (C)
Sydney Racquelle is FINALLY approved! Feb 1/02 RD/ND, RFE on April 8/04, RFE received May 5/04, Approval on May 7/04, posted on May 10/04, NO e-mail confirmation of approval, just happened to check the on-line and almost fell off of my chair.

Canadian citizen, EB-1 Extraordinary ability, RFE for employment letter which is not necessary in my category. 3 AP's, 3 EAD's.

I-140 ND/RD Jan 30/01, I-140 approval on Jan 4/02.

Interestingly I am outside the U.S. right now and flying back home today. We'll see if I get deferred inspection or entry on AP or denied entry as technically I am no longer an adjustee so my AP isn't valid and I obviously have no stamp.

Officer number 242.

My wife is NOT approved yet...still says 900-950 days!

Thanks to everyone is this forum for your support over the past 3+ years. This has been the definition of patience and frustration, but it's all worth it!

SydneyRacquelle said:
Sydney Racquelle is FINALLY approved! Feb 1/02 RD/ND, RFE on April 8/04, RFE received May 5/04, Approval on May 7/04, posted on May 10/04, NO e-mail confirmation of approval, just happened to check the on-line and almost fell off of my chair.

Canadian citizen, EB-1 Extraordinary ability, RFE for employment letter which is not necessary in my category. 3 AP's, 3 EAD's.

I-140 ND/RD Jan 30/01, I-140 approval on Jan 4/02.

Interestingly I am outside the U.S. right now and flying back home today. We'll see if I get deferred inspection or entry on AP or denied entry as technically I am no longer an adjustee so my AP isn't valid and I obviously have no stamp.

Officer number 242.

My wife is NOT approved yet...still says 900-950 days!

Thanks to everyone is this forum for your support over the past 3+ years. This has been the definition of patience and frustration, but it's all worth it!

SydneyRacquelle, Congrats!

So you are using your 'hard-earned' AP :)

congratulation!!

congratulation!! SydneyRacquelle boy :D

it is good to you, hope your wife will get approved soon. also please post your entry experience with AP after GC approval.

Great News!!!

Congratulations to you Sydney and I hope that your wife will also be approved soon.

Wish you all the best.

SydneyRacquelle,
Big congratulations!!! Only two days from RFE received to case approved. This is awesome!!!
For entering the country with AP while 485 was approved, I remember long time ago, a very knowledgeable member ( ID is "King" or something like that) posted the same experience. They got approved while taking vacation out of this US. But when they came back, the INS officer mentioned nothing to them while they entered. They found their cases were approved until they went back to home. I'm kind of wondering if the INS offiecer at the BOE can see the status of your case or not.

That's great, congratulations!!!

Good luck at the port of entry, I'm sure this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks to everyone for your congrats! I posted about 315 entries on this board since 2002 and many more on the I-140 board in 2001, and it's very sweet to be in this position today. Looking forward to seeing many of you on the citizenship board in 4.5 -5 years!

FYI My FP date was April 8/03.

My wife was approved at noon (EST) today and I received an e-mail message for her approval which they backdated to May 7/04 to be consistent with mine, or they really did approve her on May 7, but nothing changed until noon today.

I STILL have not received ANY e-mail about my approval. I received about 10 e-mails about my RFE receipt.

If I'm not in INS detention later today for being in the greay area between adjustee and 485 approval, I'll respond to this thread once I get home later tonight.

Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got through pre-flight inspection no problem with my advance parole. He had no idea that I was approved today. I have been told that in secondary inspection they know, but in primary, they just write on your AP and send you on your way. Lucky me.

My appointment is this Friday afternoon and I'll keep everyone posted. If I don't receive the courtesy copy by Friday's mail, then I will have to reschedule my appointment. Stay tuned and thanks to everyone for the well wishes!