Approval with out the second FP

achyuth

Do you know if anyone got their approval with out doing the 2nd FP with their first FP expired? Better if they got approved after an RFE was generated.

doode my RD is Jan 2002 and i got a FP request from VSC and i am waiting for the 485 approval , did you do your FP ? if so when and how long since you have been waiting for your approval

thanks

r

I was thinking about replying your post.
I don't think there's anyway for you to get approved without second FP notice. Because BCIS
is taking "Zero Tolerance". And I never saw any cases like this approved recently. I only saw
two cases FP expire for about 7 days get approved.
But that's the only two. I think the officer have
to send you second FP notice for "zero tolerance".
They don't want bad reputation haunt them.

For cases assigned to officer already, FP expiration is a nightmare, just like me, because FP notice won't be triggered automatically. That's why we saw many Jan RD got second FP notice but not Dec or Nov. Only when the officer open your case one day, and found out your FP expired, he/she will send the notice, and that could take pretty long time too. I also think cases need redo FP notice go back to some shelf in a mailroom, and it's ordered by FIFO. So Jan cases become ahead of Dec. Remember, local office can only arrange certain number of FP every day. Depend on your local office processing time, the second FP notice could come very late or maybe never.

We're at mercy of those unmerciful people. What can we do?

Someone suggests we need let media know our ordeal . I doubt any media has interests in immigration. Right now, politicians want to abolish H-1 visa,
and give more PR to illegal immigrants for next year's presidential election, our cases are at very low priority and nobody cares for us.

It's so hard to keep a job for so many years. And it's all BCIS's stupidness causing the huge backlog. If I were them, I would sacrifice one type of visa, and focus on green card processing for a month, otherwise, every month they start a new month RD, then face the same problem, FP expiration. They will never get rid of backlog if they don't work hard in one month. But that's not something they will do in the near future.

Plus VSC is faster than other centers, the director has no pressure at all to improve the processing.

dengdeng:

It seems you have hands on experience with GC processing. You can become an officer and approve my case ASAP:eek:

I can provide strategies to them. Just there's no way my voice can be heard. :)

I work very fast. If I'm an officer, I can process
100 times more than the regular officer.

dengdeng,

as per your post , i got a second FP notince from VSC my RD is jan 02 , so thats a good thing i am assuming as my file at least is not lost !!! , so can you give me a ball park figure as to when i would get my approval , thanks for your reply mate!!

rxs0005

dengdeng, very interesting comments. Have you worked at BCIS:) anytime?.

Coming to my case, I got my first FP done in March (I don't remember the exact date), but my FP was received on March 14, 2002. I got an RFE on June 13, 2003 just the time when my first FP expired. I don't know why they did not generate a second FP or if they have generated, it would have gone to the local office or some other place you are talking about. I don't know how long it takes to get the 2nd FP.

Frantic, that's how stupid BCIS handle RFE case, first send RFE, once you reply and they open your case again, then send you second FP. very inefficient, yeah, but they are never considerate.
Should have an automatic system to remind them FP
expiration even if it's been assigned or it becomes completely separate.

doode

looks like we are in the same boat at least in terms of date , i got my FP done on Mar 19 2002 , and got FP notice on jul 6 03 , but remember i have not taken EAD as i am still having 3 more years on my H1. What was the RFE about ?

r

rxs005, if I can provide you a date your case will be approved, then I can win powerball again and again. One word, LUCK. if you have luck, you will be approved today. if you don't have luck, you'll wait forever. There's no consistency at all at VSC.

You received 2nd notice, that's good. But even if you redo the 2nd fp, doesn't mean your case will be approved soon. Your case very likely hasn't been passed along to an officer, becasue FP expired(problems for most Jan RD). Once you redo your FP, your case will go back to distribution room, and wait in a line, then some day assign to an officer. If that officer mercy you, you probabaly will get an approval, otherwise, endless waiting. Or could be assigned to another officer, or could be lost. Keep in mind, VSC process a month of RD, at first, very fast, then RFE comes back, it slows down. Let's say VSC process Jan RD in July, if by end of July you have no news, I would say your case is very much likely will be delayed forever.

There's no way you can tell where your case is. Because of the centralized phone system. I urge
you to fill the phone petition.

rxs0005, you can look at my other posts for my details. I am still waiting for my 2nd FP notice. Can you please post your details? I am assuming that no RFE was generated on your case.

Since the FP generation system is totally different from the other one, why not have some people working on that system and generate the notice when it is going to be expired irrespective of the case being assigned to an IIO? But, I don't run the BCIS.

For my first FP, I went a month ahead of my actual appointment date to get the FP done. Now thinking back, what a stupid thing to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
my details are

RD Jan2002
FP1 Mar 2002
FP2 Jul 2003

no RFE

VSC , EB2

I went earlier then my appointed date too for the FP . I dont think that should be any problem as even for 1st FP i did go earler than the FP appointment date .

hope this helps and the only thing we can do is cross our fingers and share ideas and pray HARD!!!! we all will one day get it we are in the final stretch !!

take care guys and thanks

r

Originally posted by dengdeng
I can provide strategies to them. Just there's no way my voice can be heard. :)

I work very fast. If I'm an officer, I can process
100 times more than the regular officer.
That's not true any more, I mean your voice CAN be heard now, eversince we got this guy/girl BankeBihari2003
who is visiting this forum and getting lot of calls from 485 waiters *today*, remember this ? --
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90622

my two cents

My lawyer called VCS last month. Base on their theory, they already opened my file. But they didn't find the result of security check. Otherwise they will pull on the complete adjustication. So my case is still pending. I also need to do the second FP. But I haven't got the notice yet.

Lotus_pray