Approval after expedite request in three days!

udacha6

Registered Users (C)
I sent an expedite fax to VSC on 11/11 and got approved today!
Spouse's case transferred to Chicago.

ND Feb'02
Three EADs
Three APs
Two FPs

details plzz

Can u tell us

1) the formal way to expedite

2) what constitutes a valid expedite criterion

3) where to send request ( fax..e-mail )

4) what to mention in expedite request

Me too, last time I sent a fax to vSC for expedite request,
and they respondonging that they lack manpower,
no hint how long I had to waiting. Maybe I didn't sent to the right
person?
My 485 RD is Apri 26,2002

Dear.....

Pls reply to our question....

1. Fax #
2. Cover letter and all.....how u did it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Udacha..can u plzz respond..? we eagerly need your help.

Here's a cut & paste from USCIS web-site....
Udacha...can u plzz comment what exactly you did ?

Most importantly, what is possibly a good "expedite"
criterion ?

/********** CUT & PASTE BEGINS *******************/

General Expedite Procedures By Fax
The VSC has always been strict with respect to approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request an expedite.

The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM.

General Expedite Procedures By Mail
The VSC will also accept EXPEDITE requests through WRITTEN Correspondence.

A letter requesting the expedite of a case along with any supporting information should be mailed to the VSC. The envelope MUST be marked with "EXPEDITE REQUEST".

Please mail expedite request to:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
ATTN: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a support letter, and any documentation needed to support the expedite request should also be submitted. Applicants should not submit more than 5 pages of material.

Cases that are not clearly approvable will not be expedited. Requests to expedite petitions or applications that are incomplete will not be granted. All supporting documents not in English must include a certified translation. See “Documents Not in English" section. There is no appeal of the denial of an expedite request. Please see our USCIS Expedited Criteria guidance.

Fax No: 802-527-4816

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services - Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479

Mention that the current processing is passed our RD.

Congratulations!! Thats a well deserved approval. :)

How do you know for sure that your expedite request triggered the approval? I am quite surprised that someone at VSC was able to attend your fax request in such a short period (3 days).
Isnt it quite possible that your case was approved independent of the fax you sent? Could you post your FP details and LUD changes (if you have).

Thanks.

Thanks for the congratulations. Unfortunately my spouse's case was transferred, so it is not a complete victory yet, but I am glad I managed to move it from a dead stop.

I will post the exact copy of my fax tomorrow from my work computer. I don't have it at home. I appologize for delay.

why apologize ?

Udacha...its a favour you are doing...and its greatly appreciated.
Please don't apologize :)

hakoonamataata,

No LUD changes till today since 3/12/03.
The FPs are done in April'02 and August'03. The last one almost expired or has expired (I don't remember the exact date).

I tried the following:
1) After the processing date moved past my RD I sent an official inquiry and got a standard "wait for 60 days and you'll hear from us" reply
2) After 60 days my attorney contacted the liaison in Vermont and got a standard "security delays" answer
3) In September I sent a fax to the FBI to get the record check status and got a reply 40 days later that the case was cleared in December'02
4) Contacted the liaison again at the end of November and got the "security delays" answer again
5) Sent an expedite fax on 11/11 with this text:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services - Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479

Hereby I am requesting an expedite processing of my I-485 application to Adjust Status due to the following reason:

1) The processing of my application has been unreasonably delayed and at this moment is at least 14 months overdue. My RD is Feb'02 and your Service Center is processing June'03

2) All outside checks have been completed two or more years ago. Attached is the confirmation from the FBI on the status of my record check.

3) Any further delays of my case will cause a FOURTH extension of Employment Authorization and Travel Documents and a THIRD fingerprint appointment

4) The letter received from Service Center on August 03 2004 that stated that I would hear from your center in 60 days was ungrounded and wasn't followed by any action and therefore can be qualified as an obvious error on the part of the Service.

My name
EAC#
A#

I checked my expedite fax today and found that it also stated that:

5) During the processing time of my I-485 I have NOT changed my employer and still work for Company A. No Request for Evidence has been issued and no update to the status of my case has been posted on the USCIS website since the date it was filed.

Hope this will help someone else.
Please don't copy the text of the fax exactly to the letter. Modify it, but keep the message the same.

udacha6 said:
I sent an expedite fax to VSC on 11/11 and got approved today!
Spouse's case transferred to Chicago.

ND Feb'02
Three EADs
Three APs
Two FPs

Congratulations. Finally relief after a long wait for you !! Enjoy. :)