Approaching TSC Director

jaxen

Volunteer Moderator
This is the official thread that lists people who volunteer (your words of encouragement is appreciated, but if you are not able to volunteer-please dont crowd this thread)
Let us have some volunteers and workable suggestions as to how you want to go about doing this.
I have a friend who is ready to travel from florida to dallas for this meeting, already.
Any takers?

I would like to meet the TSC director, work-load permitting. I'm located in Atlanta, GA.

I suggest presenting/discussing the already existing petition for I-485 processing delay. Also TSC specific issues like:

1) Extra one year backlog compared to other centers.
2) Random processing approach. This we can't prove but atleast should discuss.

As far as contacting TSC director, we should try certified mail/Fedex...

What all you guys think?????

May be we have to take ISN.ORG help:

The Immigrants Support Network (ISN) was successful in arranging the Radio Talk show with TSC Director (Evelyn Upchurch) in Dec 2001 on Desi Masala Radio (AM 950 / AM1150) which run by Rehan Siddique in Dallas. ISN has announced about it just one day before and this news didn't reach to many people. Ganesan who was head of ISN Texas Region at that time has taken lot of initiation in helping TWC, DOL and INS issues. He has got his GC in Dec 2001 through CP.

We will request ISN to help us in getting the appointment with TSC Director. Basically, TSC has to stop the random processing. I could provide the data to prove the randomness.

Just consider Advance Parole (I-131) cases. It is very simple one. There is no category like Family Based, Employment Based, EB-2, EB-3 or other stuff. I have taken ND 02/20/03 data from SRC03098-50001 to SRC03098-56000 and there are 239 AP cases. The approval varies from 03/25/03 and still some people are waiting. As of today (10/03/03):

Approved : 191 (80%)
MISC : 7 (3%)
RFE Recvd : 12 (5%)
RFE Sent : 10 (4%)
Transferred: 3 (1%)

Still 16 cases are with Received status after 7.5 months (225 days) and another case (SRC0309850153) got transferred after 7.5 months. That's too much.

Unless we discuss the issues with TSC Director, we can not expect any improvement from them and we have to keep on waiting for years and years. What do you say ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried contacting ISN, couple of months back, about class action. Got no response from them, after repeated emailing/calling.

Give it a shot, can't harm.

So the options are
1. Letter
2. Using ISN to put forth the views to the director
3. Getting an appointment to meet the director.

To me this seems like the right amount of escalation. What happened to the petition? Can anybody shed light on when it was sent and should we resend it?
What do we want to do with ISN?
What do we want to present to the Director- stats, comparison charts with other service centers, proposed action plans?
Can somebody interest Mr.Ganesan in talking to one of us?

Originally posted by ayansgp
Tried contacting ISN, couple of months back, about class action. Got no response from them, after repeated emailing/calling.

Give it a shot, can't harm.

Did you contact Murali, most of the time I got immediate response.

Originally posted by jaxen
So the options are
1. Letter

To me this seems like the right amount of escalation. What happened to the petition? Can anybody shed light on when it was sent and should we resend it?
What do we want to present to the Director- stats, comparison charts with other service centers, proposed action plans?

Send the attached petition to as many people as everyone can by email, fax, Mail, In person,......

So the options are
1. Letter

The petition was about 485 delays at TSC:
485 delays petition

This petition was sent out to service centers/congress/senators starting April 2003 (approx). Never received any response to this.

About ISN, I tried contacting them about the class action lawsuit. What we need from them is guidance/ideas and possibly some help. (ISN-Latest )

What do we want to present to the Director:

1) Come upto speed with other service centers, based on the processing report generated by all service centers and mentioned by NCSC on the phone. Also comparison charts if possible.
2) Stats to show RANDOM PROCESSING at TSC. Correct the processing ASAP.
3) Proposed action plan is pretty accurate in the petition:
General I-485 petition for all Service Centers

We definitely need more volunteers.

So we are in agreement that another petition drive is going to be futile and we should take this to the next level.

Edison, could you contact ISN or give the contact details to ayangsp so that we get ISN to involve in this endeavour?
We are definitely going to try and meet the director.

ISN will defintiely give us a platform and ISN will get some mileage out of it :)

As ayan pointed out where are the volunteers? I thought texas heat gives you the necessary "twang" for such adventures!

Come on! people, WAKE UP!

VOLUNTEER to meet TSC Director and try to resolve EB-485 issues.

We need strong representation.

Atleast the people from TX and surrounding states should come forward.

Yes, I can contact ISN. What you would like to discuss???

Per my understaning, ISN is not very active, it was very active in 1999/2000 due to efforts of GC applicants, I think those people got GC and they are not active anymore.
Most of active members here also will do the same once GC backlog decreases. That's the reason we included some requests to amend the laws for citizenship process in our requests, so that we'll carry out this for some more time.

well, we need to make a personal appearance in the service center. Would ISN or its representatives will be willing to come along and represent us?

well, we need to make a personal appearance in the service center. Would ISN or its representatives will be willing to come along and represent us?

Jaxen,
I already sent a note about class action law suit to Rajiv, let's see what Rajiv says. If he is not interested, then we''ll plan to work with ISN and Shusterman.

My 2 cents

If BCIS service center(s) and directors are willing to resolve the sitaution, I don't see any reason why they won't meet us.

On the other hand if they don't care about these backlogs/random processing, meeting them is no good.

I think we should send them some kind of mail with confirmed delivery requesting appointment. If we get any positive response, GOOD. Otherwise dragging them to the table ain't gonna solve anything.

If we can use ISN's letter-head or something in the letter to the director(s), our chances of getting a response would be better.

NOTE: In case we get appointment with any director, we should be in a position to accept and follow thru. Our team should be ready before we send the request(s).

This is the official thread that lists people who volunteer (your words of encouragement is appreciated, but if you are not able to volunteer-please dont crowd this thread)
Let us have some volunteers and workable suggestions as to how you want to go about doing this.
I have a friend who is ready to travel from florida to dallas for this meeting, already.
Any takers?

I am willing to participate on that too. I can Drive or Fly, If that is necessary. Also we need to get the Press(CNN or FOX) attention, Or a collective assemby like few hundred people show up in front of TSC office and demonstrate our dissatisfaction and frustartion about their process, on this issue. I think we need to be more proactive otherwise we will be left out for long long time.
What do you guys think ?

Originally posted by ayansgp
I would like to meet the TSC director, work-load permitting. I'm located in Atlanta, GA.

I suggest presenting/discussing the already existing petition for I-485 processing delay. Also TSC specific issues like:

1) Extra one year backlog compared to other centers.
2) Random processing approach. This we can't prove but atleast should discuss.

As far as contacting TSC director, we should try certified mail/Fedex...

What all you guys think?????

Random processing is a clear unjustice, Officers ineptedness and lack of order in processing. As we are in the technological age, It is shame that BCIS(TSC) can not enforce a standard order and stream line the system to follow the priority dates.
I am willing to do any thing to address these issues.