Applying visitor visa for parents

sukhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a USC & wants to apply for visitor visa for my parents. After going through all the posts, i found that one has to show that he/she is not an intending immigrant or going to overstay in USA.
Actually that is the only reason I want to apply for visitor visa because my parents do not want to live here in US for a longer period.
My father is retired & my mother is housewife. I have one elder sister, married/2kids, living in india.
We do have some property under my father's name & nothing under my mother's name. We are also expecting baby in may be next 5-6 months.

My question is that how we can show the ties to home country?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am a USC & wants to apply for visitor visa for my parents. After going through all the posts, i found that one has to show that he/she is not an intending immigrant or going to overstay in USA.
Actually that is the only reason I want to apply for visitor visa because my parents do not want to live here in US for a longer period.
My father is retired & my mother is housewife. I have one elder sister, married/2kids, living in india.
We do have some property under my father's name & nothing under my mother's name. We are also expecting baby in may be next 5-6 months.

Thanks in advance!

The retired father and his dependent wife would be viewed as "couple w/joint assets" (& debts?). The other adult daughter w/kids are family ties to home.

Your child on the way may be viewed as a negative factor IF they intend to supplant domestic help or in-home healthcare via unauthorized employment-like activities.

Thanks BigJoe5 for the reply.

Coming baby is not on plan for their visit. Because we are planning to get them visa now.

Thanks BigJoe5 for the reply.

Coming baby is not on plan for their visit. Because we are planning to get them visa now.

One last thing. YOU are not "getting them any visa". THEY apply on their own and qualify (or not) on their own.

One last thing. YOU are not "getting them any visa". THEY apply on their own and qualify (or not) on their own.

That's true. Before I have this in my mind that I have to sponser them but now its clear after reading some valuable posts in this forum.

Thanks for the info.

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

I am in a similar situation and have the same question. I am planning to sponsor my parents and have same situation as yours except that my wife is not pregnant; I am a GC holder through my wife undergoing removal of conditions and I have a younger brother who is working in UAE for a very reputable multinational bank from past few years.

Thanks for information .
In my case I am USC & I can apply for immigrant visa for my parents. But they want to visit only, they never want to stay here. They can say at the time of interview that we do not want to stay & just want to visit though our son can apply for immigrant visa.
One more reason for not applying immigrant visa for them is that they have to travel back to US after every 6 months & its hard for them at 60+ age.

I don't know if someone had similar situation & got some positive results.

Thanks!

Visiting Visa sponsership for illeterate and ignorant parent

Hi,

I am currently in india and have a H1B approved.. will be scheduling & attending a visa interview in 15days.
So can i apply visiting visa and schedule visa interview along with me for my mom who is illeterate and ignorant.?

If not..Should i go to US and apply Visiting visa interview after 2- 3 months?

Basically she is an illeterate and ignorant that i am not sure that she can attend interview alone.( though the interview is in native language)..So do we have an option to send and attender with my mom to help her go thorough the process in US Consulate office...Ofcourse she will attend the interview and answer the questions...the attender is just to guide her what to do after to enter in the consulate office gate and helps to pull out the forms or documents which the officer may ask etc.

If they allow what is the process to avail that facility.

Thanks.