Applying online versus by mail for Citizenship

johnpa2005

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I will be eligible to apply for N400 on April 1st week. Is there any big difference in terms of timeline between two options (online versus by regular mail)?

Thank you

jp

johnpa2005 said:
Friends,

I will be eligible to apply for N400 on April 1st week. Is there any big difference in terms of timeline between two options (online versus by regular mail)?

Thank you

jp

Yes, it is possible to file N400 online. HOWEVER! I would advice you to paper file it... the USCIS E-file system has a lot of issues and if you have any problems with your submited application it will be hard to get in touch with someone from the e-file department.
I have have so many issues with the e-file, that I would recommend you to paper file. There is no different in process time, just the mail time it takes from your local postal office to the service center....

Save the hassle and dont waste your time e-filing...

are you serious...how can u efile n-400...if u can efile for n400 then thts the best option rather than mailing your papers coz thts faster....
:confused:

i remember when i applied for my N-400 back in october. among the list of forms on the uscis website, N-400 application was not one of the applications you can e-file. they only have that fillable form online but you have to print it and mail it to uscis. unless they changed that recently, i don't think you can e-file your N-400. but if they did change it, anyone who knows the link may want to share it with everyone.

I filed my N-400 in late Jan. I can only print out the application form (it does not even allow you to fill in the information in the PDF forms online) from the webpage. I printed it out and mailed the application, along with other required documents, and the check to VSC.

My timeline:
Mailed N400 - 01/27/06
PD - 01/30/06
FP notice received - 02/10/06
FP - 02/23/06
IL - ?
ID - ?

They put a fillable PDF of the latest N-400 version on-line shortly after this, i.e. in early Feb. My friend was able to use it to file his at that time.

cw2001 said:
I filed my N-400 in late Jan. I can only print out the application form (it does not even allow you to fill in the information in the PDF forms online) from the webpage. I printed it out and mailed the application, along with other required documents, and the check to VSC.

My timeline:
Mailed N400 - 01/27/06
PD - 01/30/06
FP notice received - 02/10/06
FP - 02/23/06
IL - ?
ID - ?