Applying for Wife\'s Visa after getting the GC

RDGC

Registered Users (C)
I need some expert comments. My GC holder friend is getting married.
What would be his wife\'s Visa status?
How much time does it take to get the Visa Approved in India, if they go to consulate right after marriage?
If she has to apply for GC after marriage whats the procedure and what category it would be?
Thanks

No Title

Your friend (The GC holder) needs to file I-130 into INS for his wife\'spetition. After it is approved, INS will give a visa number (same idea as priority date) which is the date of application was filed. Then she needs to wait under the visa number is current. Then she can go to the embassy in India to apply her immigrant visa. Now, the visa number is about 11/1996. I think the processing time in the embassy is less than 1 year (I am not sure of india).

chan50737

How about parents\' petitions if they are abroad? Can I sponsor their GC after I got mine. Should I waite until be a citizen? Do you have any web site I can check the information? Thanks!

No Title

I think you need to wait until you become a citizen, then you can apply GC for your parents.
You can go to INS web site to see the procedure or go to any web site of US embassy in India or China. Select immigrant visa section.