Applying for UK Visa at Amsterdam Consulate General with RP

cafeconleche

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just submitted my application for a general 6 month multiple entry visit visa at the British Consulate General in Amsterdam. It cost me 82 euro including postage. The processing time is 5-15 days and they send the application to the Consulate General in Duesseldorf, Germany to be processed. I filled out the application and chose an appointment date on Monday, and my appointment was for this morning, so it I didn't have to wait that long to submit. They weren't at all surprised by USRP, which surprised me, as I didn't think they see too many of those in Amsterdam. So, fingers crossed, I'll get the visa soon :)

Here are the supporting documents I submitted:

-Letter from a friend in the UK stating that I will be staying with her, and a copy of her passport bio page
-5 months of bank statements. I don't get paper statements, so I printed these out in black and white, and I explained this, but there was no problem
-University enrollment letter
-1 photo that I pasted to the application. I took this photo myself at home, had it made into passport-size photos online for free, and printed a sheet of 8 for 40 cents. SO much better than spending a fortune at a studio, and I can print as many as I want!!
-Copy of Dutch residence permit, as well as the original for them to verify. I copied my GC as well as my RP bio page and student ID, but those weren't verified
-NO NEED OF PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE! WOOHOO. I do have insurance, though

That's it. Very simple. 1.5 hours of waiting, and biking there and back in the rain in 2 degrees centigrade weather, but still not a bad experience.

Cheers