Applying for TN first time having worked on H1b Before

mairk

Registered Users (C)
I have recently become a Canadian citizen. A couple of weeks ago I was interviewed over the phone for a job in US. They have now called me for a face to face interview. Based on my previous situation, I have some questions as under:

I have worked in US before on an H1 from october 1997 to January 2003. The last company I had worked for had filed for my GC. However, due to family based reasons I had to leave that job and move to Canada. My green card application was processed upto labor filing only and no I-140/I-485 was filed.

If I do get a job offer from the interviewing company, can I apply for a TN status?

My knowledge of TN status is very limited. I have a 4 year BS degree from US in Management Information systems. Also, my current job title is Systems Analyst and I have over 10 years experience in my field. Does this qualification make me eligible to apply for TN status.

Any response in this matter will be appreciated...Thank you for reviewing my request.

yes, from your description it seems you would most certainly qualify for TN status. The prior GC application will have no impact as you never filed I-485.