Applying for the K1, Need US Certificate of Citizen number


New Member
I am in the process of applying for the K1, for my fiance who lives in the Dominican Republic. I am a US citizen, and I do have a passport, but my certificate that was issued to me was lost many years ago. I already applied for a replacement using form I -535, but it has been 8 months and still waiting patiently for the replacement. My question is, where else can I find my certificate number instead of waiting for my replacement certificate to arrive? Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Registered Users (C)
It's very unlikely you'd find the certificate number on any other document. You could try filing out the certificate field as N/A if it allows you to do so. It's unfortunate you didn't make a couple of copies for exactly this scenario. A valid US passport serves as sufficient evidence of US citizenship for an i-129F.